Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 02:27 PM

Default FPS... Button limp re-raise

Anyone ever do this? What do you think of this play?

PPNL 100

I have a $100 stack having only been at the table for 2 rotations and have had little action during this time. BB has raised 6 of the last 7 hands and I am confident he will do this again. He covers me and all limpers in this hand have reasonable ($75-120 stacks).

I am dealt black QQ on the button. 3 limpers to me and I limp. SB folds, BB raises to $6.50 and 2 of the limpers call. I push.

Thoughts?

Sly
Old 08-30-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: FPS... Button limp re-raise

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever do this? What do you think of this play?

PPNL 100

I have a $100 stack having only been at the table for 2 rotations and have had little action during this time. BB has raised 6 of the last 7 hands and I am confident he will do this again. He covers me and all limpers in this hand have reasonable ($75-120 stacks).

I am dealt black QQ on the button. 3 limpers to me and I limp. SB folds, BB raises to $6.50 and 2 of the limpers call. I push.

Thoughts?

Sly

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you are definitely getting called by AA or KK 100% of the time. The question is: what else is going to call you? You said the BB has raised 6 of the last 7 hands, but do we really know that he's insane enough to call this push with hands worse than QQ?

I have the feeling that this play is -EV because you are paying $99 to win $10.50. But, maybe others will think BB is silly enough to call with sub QQ hands often enough for you to show a profit.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:45 PM

I think a limp reraise here is ok but not for your entire stack... triple his raise to isolate him since he obviously has been raising with crap and you might get a caller or 2 who think you are just pulling an isolation play. If you push here you get called by very few hands you beat and by all of the ones that beat you
Old 08-30-2005, 02:48 PM

Yes, need to know that BB will do this more than half of the time. Make sure if it gets checked around to play it very cautiously.

Edit: pushing isn't so good, 25 is better.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:20 PM

I do this with AA and KK a lot. Not QQ.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:36 PM

I didn't see many ways that I was behind in this hand. 2 limpers called maniac's raise. The limp-call doesn't usually indicate AA/KK at NL 100.

Maniac has exactly xx here which means that QQ is ahead 99% of the time. No one has played back at him so I have no idea what his calling range is here.

Sly