Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Interesting hand from my session today

Villain here is like 80/15/1.5, aggressive in the wrong times, pretty much a donkey.

I open in MP with 7c7h. CO cold calls and everyone else folds

Flop comes: Td4s3s

I bet he calls

Turn comes: 7d

I bet he raises I 3bet he caps

River comes: Kd

I bet ...

How is my river bet here? I'm sure he doesn't cap lightly, but he would have 3bet me preflop with TT so I'm guessing 33 44 or 56, perhaps T7 or some other raggy 2 pair. He probably wouldn't cap with a draw but it's not out of the realm of possibilities

What is my plan if he raises?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand from my session today

and just call his raise

-sinful
Old 08-07-2005, 10:01 PM

usually when i get to the river with hands like these, and i nkow he'll bet if i check to him, or raise if i bet, i try and rationalize how many bets i'd want to get in. so against some players, i think between 2-3 is good. so i'll go for the check raise. if i want to go for 1-2, then i'll bet and call a raise.

seeing that you bet, i'll call the raise. and because you have'nt seen him go crazy yet with 2 pair capping a turn, then i think 2 bets is cool. but with a lot of 60+//1+ agg, i'll go for around 3 bets on teh river beucase they are donks for a reason.

stealthcow-
Old 08-07-2005, 10:06 PM

I bet/call here as well.

Actually upon reflection a checkraise/call seems like a good play, since you're fairly sure he'll lead out the river if you check. If you bet here there's a chance he'll slow down after the cap if you still lead into him and just call, and with that river I don't think he'd 3bet with TT.

Of course he probably only 3bets a checkraise with a hand that has you beat, but the pot is so big at that point you are kind of obligated to call, so you lose an extra bet when you're beat.

I think the EV difference would probably be pretty close to zero between these two lines though. I really don't want to open myself up to a 3bet here though so I probably still bet/call in the end because I'm weak like that.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong in this line of thought?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:09 PM

My first reaction was you were trying to decide between betting out, or a check/raise. I consider check/call to be the 3rd choice. You're ahead a far majority of the time vs. a LAG player who could go this far with a set, or a number of 2pair hands. I'm very tempted to c/r here, but a 3-bet means we're basically toast, so I opt for the bet out because I'm pretty confident he's raising me with a wide variety of hands, many of which I'm still beating.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
usually when i get to the river with hands like these, and i nkow he'll bet if i check to him, or raise if i bet, i try and rationalize how many bets i'd want to get in. so against some players, i think between 2-3 is good. so i'll go for the check raise. if i want to go for 1-2, then i'll bet and call a raise.

seeing that you bet, i'll call the raise. and because you have'nt seen him go crazy yet with 2 pair capping a turn, then i think 2 bets is cool. but with a lot of 60+//1+ agg, i'll go for around 3 bets on teh river beucase they are donks for a reason.

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts as well, however I'm in the 1-2BB camp instead of 2-3, so I bet/call.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:51 PM

I don't understand what's going on here... this guy is an 80/15/1.5 donkey, "aggressive in the wrong times," what's the problem? I'm bet/3-betting.

I really hope you're asking how your bet is because you're considering check/raising... check/calling here is just awful
Old 08-07-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what's going on here... this guy is an 80/15/1.5 donkey, "aggressive in the wrong times," what's the problem? I'm bet/3-betting.

I really hope you're asking how your bet is because you're considering check/raising... check/calling here is just awful

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I was gonna check-raise or bet. I ended up 3betting the donkey and it got capped. Immediately after doing it, I thought I had overplayed it a bit, but I was being results oriented.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I was gonna check-raise or bet. I ended up 3betting the donkey and it got capped. Immediately after doing it, I thought I had overplayed it a bit, but I was being results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

65?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:07 AM

so was it AA or did you lose to a flush?