Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Pechanga\'s poker room

After years and years, they've finaly built Pechanga players a good poker room.

They had two 20-40 kill games, 2/5, $300 buy-in NL, $100 buy-in NL, 8-16 and about five 4-8 kill games.

Alas, the food and food service is still the worst I've ever experienced, and expensive too.

How can you screw up a cheeseburger and fries? Cost $8.00, put it on an onion role with a stale top bun, then liberally spread "basil enhanced Mayonaise" on the bun, add the butt ends of Red Onions -- the stringy outside inedible skin. Add very thin cold and undercooked fries and half bottle of off-brand ketchup.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Pechanga\'s poker room

My company has hosted dinners at Pechanga and I've not been impressed with it at all!!!

The new poker room is very nice though. When I've been there they typically run 2/4 (non kill) on about 2-5 tables. 3/6 kill on 2 tables, I've also seen a 10/20 game there too, $100 buy in NL and $300 buy in NL. The occasional Omaha game shows up as well.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Pechanga\'s poker room

[ QUOTE ]

How can you screw up a cheeseburger and fries? Cost $8.00, put it on an onion role with a stale top bun, then liberally spread "basil enhanced Mayonaise" on the bun, add the butt ends of Red Onions -- the stringy outside inedible skin. Add very thin cold and undercooked fries and half bottle of off-brand ketchup.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO!!! I don't think a better description could be given of a burger at Pechanga. Anymore I only order burgers with patato salad (never have had fries that were even warm). I had a steak that was fairly good there making me think you have to move your choice upscale. Ohh and I never order if I don't have enough comps on my card to pay for it.

If you want good food for a great price you have to go to Oceans 11. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike