Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2005, 01:58 PM

Default I\'m 32 years old and I play D&D

When I inherited some D&D materials from a friend's dead brother, I dusted off some of my old rulebooks and modules.As I sat in my garage, I reminisced about hanging out with my friends in high school, burning down Js, swilling Milwaukee's Best or Lucky Lager, and laughing hysterically while solving problems, slaying bands of ogres, and saving worlds.

So I went and bought a new module, some used 3rd edition rulebooks (which are WAY better than 1st edition), and got the bros - who are now mostly crusty and married - together to roll up some characters.

We finished our first module last night. The whole party died at the hands of goblins but the chaotic good paladin and a weak fighter NPC still stood - but barely. My friend, the paladin, had one (1) hit point left and was facing a 5th level Druid with 36 hit points who was rolling a 5 foot tall flaming sphere towards him. My buddy needed a 20 to even hit him. Things looked grim ...

The NPC fired an arrow at the Druid and hit, making the sphere fizzle. Then, the paladin lept and rolled a 20, doing double damage and splitting the Druid's shoulder. The paladin then won initiative, and rolled another 20 (!) to skewer the Druid, heroically killing him.

Friggin epic. We've been having a blast and the game's a great excuse to hang out and talk [censored].

Commence flaming in 3...2...1...