Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Pushes!

Wow, this is all hard. It's all situational.

When I steal, I generally either raise 3x BB or push. I wouldn't raise 3x BB at a table where people will push over me and rely on the bubble, but it works at the low-levels. I think pushing gives you maximum FE.

If I miss flop OOP, I generally bet rag boards and check boards with aces, kings, etc. If I miss flop in position, I'm raising pretty much any hand I raised with preflop.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:33 PM

thanks for help guys, think ill tighten up a bit when i chip leader or biggish stack, not overpush in general. What i said prob top 15 if im big stack,top 25 if im middle and top 30 if short stacked. and dont wanna be pushin more than twice in row unless i want a call. think thats any better than before?
Old 06-20-2005, 11:42 PM

If you pick up AK and AQ back to back, you're pushing both. If you pick up a series of good hands, you want to push most of them, if not all of them.

And I tend to push a lot more when I'm shortstacked. With 5x BB on the button, I'll push a K7s that I'm normally not pushing with 10-12x BB.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for help guys, think ill tighten up a bit when i chip leader or biggish stack, not overpush in general. What i said prob top 15 if im big stack,top 25 if im middle and top 30 if short stacked. and dont wanna be pushin more than twice in row unless i want a call. think thats any better than before?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you should be playing like that. Assuming you play at party there are many times when you have to push with worse than the 30% when your short stacked. Your plan might be the best in an ideal situation but when you have a small stack, the blinds are increasing, your in position, and everyone has folded to you, you should consider stealing while you can. Even if you dont have that great a hand. If you don't the blinds might eat you, or you wont get a good enough hand(the worse your position the better hand you need)/chance to steal(people not folding to you) again before the blind comes.

And of course if the blind gets to you after it just went up you probably just lost quite a bit of FE which is never good.