Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:43 AM

Default 2 Tough Bubble hands

1)
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1345)
BB (t1290)
UTG (t3065)
Button (t2300)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t800</font>

2)
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t990)
UTG (t650)
Button (t5240)
SB (t1120)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t400</font>
Old 12-02-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: 2 Tough Bubble hands

1) Move in. Doesn't seem too hard to me really considering it's only 100/200 and BB is only 100 below you (well I suppose 200 now with the blinds)

2) Would a call be horrible here? I dunno. Leaves you t590 and if you whiff the flop (you're getting all in if the TT is an overpair) you will still have enough to push into UTG's now BB stack of t450 profitably. I'm not sure t790 is going to make a lot of difference here to the next hand, UTG will call any two anyway, and if he beats you you're still crippled.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:48 AM

Oh on 2) I probably would move in on a J flop as well.. maybe even a Q but that's risky
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 AM

These are tough.

I think I would fold both of these. I would push hand 1 if I knew the raiser was overly aggressive, but against most opponents I would fold.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:53 AM

1. I'm all in here, you aren't the shortstack, but neither of you are close to be blinded out. the big stack has a pretty big range, and winning this hand gives you the chiplead.

2. This one is different because bb will most likely be all in next hand. tt is just too strong to lay down though here. callin is an option but i would probably just lean towards pushing and making things simple.

Edited because i dont know how to read a hh
Old 12-02-2005, 06:56 AM

Hand one is tough because the upside is so thin while the downside could be huge. Against a reasonable big stack pushing should be fine here. Also if getting the chip lead puts you in a spot to dominate the table, it might be worth it to take a -EV gamble here. If winning this pot wouldn't put me in the chip lead, I would probably fold even if I felt like shoving had some value.

I'm basically insta-shoving hand two unless the big stack has been quiet. TT plays much better against a wide range then AQo, so if he is playing well (which it doesn't appear like he is but who knows) you can make a significant step forward by shoving here. If he has any 2, it is about a 3% increase to shove here while it is only .8% in the AQ hand.

Brad
Old 12-02-2005, 06:57 AM

Bona, just one thing, Hero is BB in hand 2.. I am assuming the SB folded.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 AM

The moment I saw these, I thought "yup, I'm reraising allin both times". Anyone got SNG power tools where they are to work out the ranges for that being a good/bad plan?

To be honest, I didn't even consider another course for either hand. I am assuming in both cases that the bigstack is raising with a wide range simply because he's bigstack and it's on the bubble. That's what I do if I'm him. Obviously if he's just been sitting there, there's pause for thought required, but I don't see me folding either hand.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:25 AM

Hand 1. I'll get back to you but my instinct has me folding.

Hand 2. Stop and go on a board Tigerite describes. Stop and go!!!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:40 AM

IMO...

fold hand 1 UTG raise suggests strength, stack sizes are close and villain can bust your unmade hand. Plus villain has the odds to call your all-in so he is not folding if you push. If you fold you can hopefully push next hand from button w/ 5xbb left.

push hand 2. Shorty folded and is about to bust, your hand is made, and if you fold you have 4xbb left next hand and will likely be raised, being forced to act before shorty... so if you call, shorty folds and makes the money, if you fold, shorty might call, possibly double up then your new shorty. TT is the NUTS here, IMO.