Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Showboat AC Poker Room

How is the HOB Poker Room @ the Showboat?

What games are spread there?

I'm trying to decide where I want to play my cash games at...either at Taj or the Showboat (I'm NOT going to Borgata!). I figure that both places spread 1/2 NL...what are the max buy-ins for these two rooms and how donktastic are they?

I'd also like to play 4/8 or 5/10 Limit...I know the Taj has a good 5/10 game but what about Showboat?

Thanks...I'll be there tomorrow!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Showboat AC Poker Room

I really liked this room. It's not that popular yet (and seeing how it's hidden all the way upstairs it might take a while to really get off the gound)

I was there last friday and they spread 2-4, 3-6, I think a 5-10 game too. They also had a one or two 1-2NL games and had a few names on the interest list to start a 1-5 or 5-10 stud game.

The room is quiet. the dealers are pretty cool, they use Automatic shuffle machines so the games go slightly faster.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:02 PM

Ditto nice room with autoshufflers. The dealers are nice but very inexperienced, at least some of them are. Watched the 1-2 nl while waiting for a tourney to start. How does big oversize bets ($80) with pocket 8's and three overcards, 3 others still in hand and coordinated board sound to you. Pretty yummy.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 PM

I "moving button" rule they have is pretty strange too. It kept slowing the game down too when people were confused and argued it.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Was that the same weird rule in the tourney they had, where if a sb busts, then there is two BB's and then it moves. I can't even remember it was so weird....
Old 08-24-2005, 02:15 PM

Yeah, apparently the rule is used everywhere except Atlantic City and the internet.

I still don't quite get it, I just put out a blind when the dealer told me and didnt argue.