Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: 600 nl KK UTG

Isn't a limp re-raise saying you can beat a big pair? Wouldn't the average/decent player fold? I like the flop lead alot better; I think it gets more out of AK/AQ, and causes JJ/TT/QQ to get more aggressive in protecting their hand. I do not, however, play these particular games.

BTW, against the range of hands that the opponent could have, only AA beats you. Definitely want to play for a big pot.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't a limp re-raise saying you can beat a big pair? Wouldn't the average/decent player fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even at 5/10, you'd be surprised how many people will still call a limp-reraise w/ AK, QQ-TT.

One problem with waiting for the flop is that there are a lot of scare cards to a middle pocket or some to you as well. It really will grind the action to a halt for both players - so you'll be "small pot" a lot. If you knew a flop like the one in this hand would come, of course you wouldn't want to limp-reraise preflop... I'd say a scary flop comes much more often though than a harmless one.

It's a tradeoff - but I'd rather get tricky w/ position than out of position. You'll seriously have no idea where you stand on most flops. As long as the money isn't too deep (which it isn't here), the limp-reraise is a fine play.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:49 PM

maybe i'm playing scared poker?

tell me where my thinking is off.

i think you might be saying i'm in error because the villain's range of hands is huge, and hero has a good chance of getting stacked off here because villain may move in with hands less than AA. is that correct?

curious to know your thoughts...maybe this is a big leak of mine