Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: can you call this?

you have little tiny cojones, I HAVE BIG GIANT COJONES!!
Old 10-21-2004, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have little tiny cojones, I HAVE BIG GIANT COJONES!!

[/ QUOTE ]

And they'll serve you well, Mike.... IN PRISON!!
Old 10-21-2004, 03:51 PM

Well, here is my answer in short - "Who the hell is CO-1??"

Here is my answer in long - I have no idea who this guy is. He has more than tripple what he started with so he was obviously involved in at least a few big hands. How has be been playing? How have you been playing? This is really one of those situations where you have to play the man and not the cards. I have seen some people pull this play with KTs, QQ, JJ, K9o (imagine that) just as often as I have seen people pull this play holding AA,KK,AK or KQ. I have also seen players try this holding jack diddly [censored]. You dominate the first 4 and the second 4 dominate you - you only split once every 9 times against a completely unknown player. So, I return to my initial answer "Who the hell is CO-1???!!!"

However, let's look at it this way. You just bet 5/6 the pot into 5 other players first in so if I were CO-1 I would have to assume that you were holding AT LEAST a K with a reasonable kicker. You limped first in so I would put you on KQs if you were a passive player, or KJ or possibly KTs if you were a loose player (which you are - KJo is a crappy hand to play from EP). Therefore, your hand is COMPLETELY apparent. If I were CO-1, I would go all-in with any two cards if I felt that there was a reasonable chance that you would fold. If not, I would only go all-in w/ AK,KQ or AA and would wait till later to raise with KK or A2s. Note that AA and KK are unlikely holdings since he probably would have raised pre-flop with those. In conclusion, unless you are easy to push off a hand, he is holding KQ,KJ or AK and the best you could hope for is a split. This all assumes that he is not an idiot or a maniac.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:07 PM

Here is the problem with this analysis as well as some of the others - you're not putting yourself into HIS shoes (ie CO-1). Think about it, hero limped first in and then bet opened for almost a pot-sized bet on the flop. CO-1 has to put him on something, and it won't be K7 or some junk like that unless he had a damn good reason to think that hero would limp with that. But hey, some people do - and if I were CO-1 and I KNEW that hero tended to do that, I would go all-in with hands as weak as KJ and even K9o if I felt that there was any chance that hero would call with something like K7.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:29 PM

With lots of people in the hand at relatively low blinds, it looks like you are in a tournament with a lot of players trying to play a lot of hands early in hopes of grabbing an early advantage. Including CO-1, who has already had some luck doing so, and is likely to have something like an A2 suited here. I assume this is an Internet tournament, which could easily explain his going all in versus a more rational bet--its just easier to do (heck, it even feels good to slide that button all the way over with your mouse!). Unless you are ready to go to bed early and want to get out of the tournament, I would recommend folding. The number of ways you lose far outnumbers the number of ways you might win.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:32 PM

I disagree. It's a loose call.

--Casey
Old 10-21-2004, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen some people pull this play with KTs, QQ, JJ, K9o (imagine that) just as often as I have seen people pull this play holding AA,KK,AK or KQ. I have also seen players try this holding jack diddly [censored]. You dominate the first 4 and the second 4 dominate you - you only split once every 9 times against a completely unknown player.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flawed...even with this very, very narrow range of hands calling is in order.

K9/KT - 8 ways each - 16 combos
QQ - 6 ways
JJ - 3 ways

25 combos

AA - 6 ways
KK - 1 way
AK - 8 ways
KQ - 8 ways

total = 23 combos

This is about a narrow a range as I can imagine (and it doesn't even consider the fact that a majority of players would never play AA/KK/AK that way whereas a majority of players would play KJ-K7 and TT-66 that way.

oh, and he's getting 1.6:1.

How on earth do any of you guys get large stacks?
Old 10-21-2004, 08:00 PM

the nuts fool, we flop the nuts. if your not even good enough to flop the nuts like 3 times in the first hour then you need to stop giving out so much advice.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the nuts fool, we flop the nuts. if your not even good enough to flop the nuts like 3 times in the first hour then you need to stop giving out so much advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you you get a large stack...I read your $57k trip report.....

side note:
Shana Hiatt give me a "large stack"
Old 10-21-2004, 08:04 PM

clearly, i dont flop the nuts, i suck out, but thats only because your always freaking telling me to call. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]