Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 01:24 PM

Default A little weak, 87o

SB was REALLY passive, so he either had something great on the flop or was just stacking off for the night.

UTG was unknown.

MP I had no clue what to make of. Stats of 70/10/.2 over 100+ hands yet in this session he had raised a QQ44x board with a missed flush draw and called a 3-bet with 9 high (??) and been quite more aggressive than his stats would indicate, but without tons of showdowns (so I'm not sure if it was just cards).

Anyway I felt like a pussy after this one. 3-bet the turn, I assume? Also, does anyone cap the flop?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls $2 (All-In), BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (17 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 12-06-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: A little weak, 87o

I think your limp OTB may still be a bit too loose. Yeah, we have lots of opponents, but 87o only has 15% equity against 5 random hands, and these opponents hands are better than random. Being on the button helps a lot, but I don't think enough to overcome your disadvantage.

The rest of the hand seems fine. You may be ahead, but overcalls are always good, and you really don't wanna pay more if you are behind.

Edit: I am now thinking a turn raise has potential. If MP doesn't have a diamond, but UTG does, it would be awesome to knock out UTG. I don't know how often this is the case though.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:41 PM

I agree the limp may be loose but I've been trying to play more hands lately and this seemed like as good a spot as ever to see a flop with this hand.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree the limp may be loose but I've been trying to play more hands lately and this seemed like as good a spot as ever to see a flop with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to looesn up as well. I just think there are better spots. A huge difference between the 25/18 and 30/20 comes from loosening up in the blinds. Button loosening is important as well, but this hand is so marginal, and I wouldn't be suprised if it was -EV.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:29 PM

9To is the worst unsuited I'll play on the button and to be honest, I'd like either one more limper or 2 less limpers, though 3 limpers is fine.

I'd fold the turn. Even if you're ahead, another diamond can kill it. If this were on the river, I'd advocate a call, for sure.

I'm not at all sure that folding the turn is correct. That might just be remnants of tight/weak from yesteryear
Old 12-06-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd fold the turn. Even if you're ahead, another diamond can kill it. If this were on the river, I'd advocate a call, for sure.

I'm not at all sure that folding the turn is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

A diamond will only come and kill it less than 1 in 9. MP could have a flush, but I think that given he didn't raise the turn, he is less likely to have it. Sure, he is passive, so may not know to pump his equity, or attempt a free card, but even some passives know this. You are definetly not necessarily behind on the turn, and the pot is pretty big.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that it's not. I was thinking that the turn decision is between 3-bet and call(though I don't know which is right)...I didn't even consider a fold.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is. The pot is big and we have a good hand with a monster redraw. Lots of hands other than big flushes can raise this turn.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:56 PM

a "monster redraw?" you mean that gutshot to the straight flush?

anyway i want to cap the flop. if i had just called, i would not 3-bet the turn even though the guy is a big donk.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:58 PM

Restated: A redraw to a monster.

Yeah, it's a 1-outer, but the implied odds... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]