Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: AA form BB, 3rd hand; too aggressive?

[ QUOTE ]

This is a more viable play with KK/QQ, looking for the aceless flop. There are essentially no flops here that you are going to fold for the rest of your chips, but there are many flops that may convince your opponent that maybe he should let go of his QQ or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the villian though, if you were UTG +1 and had the BB raise then push would you call with QQ? or give villian credit for kings or aces and fold?
Giving credit to villian for KK or QQ, and a flop of KKQ can you let go of your Aces then? If you hadn't pushed preflop that is.

This is the earliest I have pushed a hand in an MTT so I think I felt wierd about it, but I would do it again and again with this line.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:17 PM

All in, surely?!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 PM

I don't think anyone would in a tournie. In a cash game, raise and re-raise until he's committed all his chips but early stages of a tournie, don't second guess yourself. It's possible he's put you on a steal and will fold and all in re-raise but he's likely to tilt then anyway having lost 1/3 of his stack without seeing the flop but it's far more likely he's slow played a monster and will call. If he you just check, he could hit trips with his 99 and then you've lost your whole stack because I can't see any flop you can get away from.