Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Value Bet?

Villian was loose and will show aggression here and there.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks
Old 11-22-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Value Bet?

Definitely, IMO.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you fold to a c/r?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM

I wouldn't but I'm not sure if that's right.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't and lost to quad 6s, and I'm not sure that's right. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I'm not sure if betting here is good if I'm going to call a raise....blah...maybe not....I hate these. Bah, the pots big enough at this point, and he's donky enough....it's a call.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:28 PM

Hi QTip,
Thanks for noticing I was gone. I was out of the country for a month.

I think here I'm just gonna check it down. It may just be the weak-tight in me, but the board is paired and the flush is out there. You have raised on each street, and if he wants to C/R, he has some basis for thinking your aggressive play will give him that opportunity. And if he did C/R it would be hard to call it. (At least I would think it was! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

FWIW...

bill
Old 11-22-2005, 11:36 PM

If he's just a normal type guy, which is what I'm inferring from the read now (I initially read it to be quasi-LAG...) then I think you can probably fold here, although that has to be the scariest effing card in the world for you and I'm sure he knows that, which is the problem with bet/folding.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't and lost to quad 6s, and I'm not sure that's right. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I'm not sure if betting here is good if I'm going to call a raise....blah...maybe not....I hate these. Bah, the pots big enough at this point, and he's donky enough....it's a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He would c/r with trip 6s because you "obviously" have A9 for TPTK or an overpair.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:13 AM

i think this is a clear value bet. he's done nothing to suggest that he has anything better than top pair.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:19 AM

What hands can he have after the turn that you beat?

Could he play A9 this way? It's hard for me to figure out what else he could have that you beat. 95 I guess, but I doubt he'd play it after you raise preflop.

The thing is, after you raise the flop, then just call, then raise the turn, he probably thinks you have the straight.

I think his most likely hand is two pair or a set. I'd check behind to avoid getting checkraised. My guess is you lost to 65.

(Okay, just read the results. Tough. Thank goodness you didn't have 99. FWIW I can see autobetting this if you're multitabling.)