Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:39 AM

Default AJo vs TAG and donator

CO is a TAG over about 550 datamined hands. I haven't tangled with him in any memorable hands. With stats like 19/15/8 I definitely consider him capable of isolating the weak limper. I don't have that many hands on MP but he is a very loose and passive player. I've seen him call down questionable holdings and fail to raise some strong ones in the 20 or so hands I had on him at the time.

I figure that I am ahead of CO most of the time here. What's my line to maximise value?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero?</font>
Old 10-04-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: AJo vs TAG and donator

I still 3-bet this pf because your hand is too strong and I still like c/r on the flop. This is a veyr good flop, but not dreamy yet. letting UTG call with whatever crap he has while sacrificing letting the TAG play cheap isnt worth it. a hand like KQd has a lot of odds in this pot. And if hes truly a donator why not let him pay 2 cold on the flop or another one pf?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:07 AM

CO has a postflop agro of 8.0 after 500 hands? I'm thinking that may be a typo. At any rate I c/r the flop, if it's correct and are 3 bet on the flop, I cap if MP folds when it's 2 back to him. Then lead turn and call down if still raised after that. If turn and river both brick I consider donking the river if turn was raised.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 AM

Yeah, that aggression is wrong, though it is what PokerAce showed. I looked it up in Pokertracker and he has AF of 2.1, with a flop aggression of 6. So he's very aggressive on the flop.

Is AJo really a 3-betting hand from the blinds in this sort of situation? What range would you 3-bet in this position?

Is a flop c/r really best? It seems like I will usually get both opponents to fold (CO likely has 2-3 outs against me), when I might collect a few more bets with a fairly robust holding by leading out. Is protecting my hand really so important?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:15 AM

I would 3bet pre, a you dominate co raising hands and mp limping hands and you might get mp's money dead too.

The way you played it I like bet/3bet the flop if you're pretty sure this guy's gonna raise a donk bet.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:32 AM

I would 3-bet this preflop. You are getting a 2-1 cushion and if MP folds that's even better. Cutoff is going to isolate this MP with a very wide range so don't be embarrassed about your kicker.

Checkraise the flop. That 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a problem card that creates flush draws, straight draws, and drawing middle pairs. I am more than happy to see people out of this pot so I will set out to charge the maximum and not worry about using excessive force.