Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: So I just lost 30K......

[ QUOTE ]
Not really, I know I played bad during this stretch, but some were saying that it was 100% tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that really what I said? Did I say it was 100% tilt? No, I didn't. You need to grow up, get used to hearing things that may not be pleasant, and learn from things, not create a thread bitching about losing 30 large and expect everyone to feel sorry for you. We've all lost that kind of money. Some of us have lost more. If you want to delude yourself into thinking there was nothing you could've done about it, you're mistaken. THAT'S THE POINT. This should be a learning experience. Figure out how it happened. What went wrong. What were the signs this was happening. Is there anything you could've done to stop it from happening. Ask these questions. Find the answers. Then your swings may not be so severe. Stop reacting so god damn defensively to what people are saying.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 PM

party flipped the switch on you [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 12:27 PM

Thank you. I am not saying you're 100% wrong. You may only be 5% wrong. But there is never a situation where it is 100% bad luck. At least, I don't believe that is ever the case. You must always be willing to ask yourself the question, "have I done something wrong?" Is there something I can change in myself. That's all you can do. You can't change the outcome of hands or what cards flop. You can only change your decisions. Just make sure you're making the best decisions and you'll be fine. You sound young to me. I'll bet in two or three years you'll be pretty dangerous at the table.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:43 PM

Yeah my original post was pretty pointless now that I look at it. Sometimes it feels better just to post it to get it off my mind so I can refocus and get back into the game.

Bad beats are worthless to post, but I couldnt resist the 1-outer [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], that one was just nasty.

I think I'm going to take 6K out of the stock market to jump start me back into the 1K.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah my original post was pretty pointless now that I look at it. Sometimes it feels better just to post it to get it off my mind so I can refocus and get back into the game.

Bad beats are worthless to post, but I couldnt resist the 1-outer [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], that one was just nasty.

I think I'm going to take 6K out of the stock market to jump start me back into the 1K.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of those hands aren't bad beats, they are you calling all in with the worst hand. That isn't a bad beat. Calling with the idiot end of the straight twice, TPTK vs. set, KK vs. AA on QQ9 flop... The only hand here I believe I'd go broke on is the T9 vs. AT and maybe the AK vs. 33 if the guy was a total loon(looks like he was, in which case I would have set him in preflop anyways). Anyways, RussianBear has tried to help you just about as much as you could want for a simple "waaah I'm on a downswing" post and you refuted most of his help, so I guess I shouldn't bother, either. Good luck when you get back into the 1k.
Peace,
James
Old 11-17-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's your business, I wouldn't advice it, but that's your business. I would suggest getting your bankroll back up the old-fashioned way, earn it playing poker. 1, you'll humble yourself playing at the lower limits, 2, you'll gain experience, 3, the money you've invested will continue to work for you. If you're not living off your poker money, it's probably best to build your roll rather than add to it with other money. Just my opinion.
Swings are a part of the game. Taking money from one place to compensate, probably may not be the best way to go about it. Maybe you're not ready for the higher game yet. Have you considered that? Maybe you need some time first. You really don't want to be robbing from your future (your investments) to build your bankroll. It's best to build the roll through play.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 PM

Can't say I recommend taking money out of stocks to go back to NL 1k. I know you're doing well in 400, so stick around for a while and see what kind of things you can do for your bank roll.
Also, I've never met anyone who was more critical of his own play than jonny. Yes, the low bank roll and refusing to move down was a mistake, but it's not like he is saying party is rigged and he's a pro, because he never did. He's simply asking for others experiences with this problem and advice on where to go from this point.
Also, people need to stop bragging about their giant losses like it's some sort of accomplishment.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's best to build the roll through play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think I will indeed stay at 400 for a bit until I get my BR and confidence back up.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, RussianBear has tried to help you just about as much as you could want for a simple "waaah I'm on a downswing" post and you refuted most of his help

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't refute russianbear's help. In fact, I agreed with pretty much everything he said.

[ QUOTE ]
so I guess I shouldn't bother, either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please do, so far the only help you have given is questioning the fact that I am up in 2K. Any advice would be appreciated.

PS- I did not want this to turn into a bad beat post. I played badly too, you know this, I know this, it does not need to be proven again.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, people need to stop bragging about their giant losses like it's some sort of accomplishment.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be nice to you only because your avatar is my alma matta. Nobody is bragging, it's a part of the life that he needs to get used to. My only point is, and was, how could his behavior have affected the situation. Is there anything he could have done differently?