Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Another 10k stat post

I feel stupid about this because I think stat posts are about the dumbest thing ever, but I'm going to do it anyway because I just can't turn a profit at 1/2, even though I think the numbers look great. Maybe there's some tendency they all point to that I don't see.

The only real issues I have with my own numbers are that I think PFR might be a hair too low, and BB/100 is too low. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I know they say 10,000-hand cold streaks and downswings happen, but when can you start to think there's a problem with you? The longer I go without recording a winning session, the more doubts I have.

Edit: Brilliant of me to mention the FIRST time - this is all $1/$2 full-ring limit, mostly at Party, some at PR and about 200 hands at Stars.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Another 10k stat post

Folded to River Bet: 50.77%

Scanning through your stats, this is the one that jumps out at me. I think that is way too high - I'm not entirely sure but it should be around 33% or so, if someone will confirm that for me.

Basically, I suspect you may not be calling enough in big pots at the end even if you think you are beat. Unless you are purely drawing, if you are going to call the turn, the default move is to call the river as well. Keep in mind, that even in a 9BB pot, you only have to win it 10% of the time for a call to be correct. In larger pots, you can make even looser calls.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:00 AM

Maybe need to be fractionally more aggressive on all streets. Value bet that river relentlessly.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:53 PM

This is a bit scary! My stats are very similar to yours over the same amount of hands.

Like someone already said, call down those river bets more often, a little more aggression on all streets.

One thing I noticed was that the majority of your check raises are on the flop. You may want to experiment check raising / raising the turn, much more effective IMO.

Sometimes when you check raise the flop you create a large pot, thus, giving even the fish odds to continue with their longshot draws
Old 03-20-2005, 07:41 PM

The majority of the time, the flop is the place to check raise.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Not being a smart ass, I'd just like your opinion on the subject. I've noticed when reviewing stats, that since I moved up to 1/2, I tend to check raise the turn a lot more
Old 03-20-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Not being a smart ass, I'd just like your opinion on the subject. I've noticed when reviewing stats, that since I moved up to 1/2, I tend to check raise the turn a lot more

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I think I mostly check raise w/ big hands that I want to protect against draws. So, I check/call the flop when it's multi-handed to give myself a chance to take away odds for the flush and OESD's.

Come to think of it, I think there's actually specific advice in SSHE that says when you've raised PF you should generally bet the flop (even UI) and then either check/fold or check/raise the turn depending on if you've made your hand by then. Can you comment on why c/r-ing the flop should be so prevalent?

Thanks,

-Salty