Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 04:46 PM

Default AQo from the BB

Sorry I don't have the nice hand converter format; it doesn't like PR histories.

Poker Room $1/$2, 9 players...

I'm in the BB and I get A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 3 people limp, SB folds, I raise, and all the limpers call.

Limper #1 is reasonably tight so far. Limper #2 is the luckiest fish in the world -- calls with any draw to any hand and raises if he makes it; about as difficult to read as a stop sign. Limper #3 is new to the table; this is his fourth hand. For what it's worth, he's been pretty tight up to this point.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8.5 SB in the pot. I bet out, half as a continuation semi-bluff and half looking for information. Limper #1 calls, #2 folds, #3 calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5.5 BB. Not what I really wanted to see. I bet to see if I'll get raised, and everyone calls. Hm, maybe the AQ high is still good here, or someone feels like slowplaying their trips. Maybe one or both of them are drawing to a flush.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. No help. I check, Limper #1 checks, limper #3 bets... I decide that the 9:1 odds say that it's bad to fold, there isn't any flush possibility and it's possible he's going for some sort of weird river bluff. I call. The other limper folds.

Final pot: 10 BB.

Have I got flawed logic here at some point?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: AQo from the BB

i think there are too many people here and its likely one of them already has some kind of a pair
Old 01-19-2005, 05:59 PM

I'll take a stab at this but I'm a beginner. You have no straight or flush draws so you would be drawing to six outs at best which makes you a 7 to 1 dog. Therefore the pot odds on the turn do not justify a bet but it's close and maybe the implied odds make a bet worth a shot. On the river, I don't think someone who limped the whole way would try to bluff two people with less than a pair of something, but there might be a one in nine shot he would.

Overall, I think one might do just as well or better folding the turn on this hand though. The flop was two suited and a third to the suit could have hurt you as well as a King.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:36 PM

I think I could have check-folded the turn, or maybe folded to the bet on the end. (I lost to KJ, predictably.) If it were a single opponent, though, the situation would be different - or if the pot were larger.