-Mid-High Shorthanded (MHSH)
-Small-Stakes Shorthanded (SSSH)"

-Micro Limits(ML)
-Small Stakes(SS)
-Mid Stakes(MS)
-Higher Stakes(HS)

Beats, Brags, and Variance
Forum Suggestions.

Who do we think should do what? I'm going to bed now. I'll post thoughts in the morning.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: New Thread For Discussion of New Mods

I'd say Josh. would be a great 2nd moderator for MHUSH...I'd prefer to moderate MHUSH also because that will be my regular forum.

I think DMBFan23 is a good candidate for 2nd SSHUSH mod along with Mr Wookie. Our House is another good choice but IMHO DMBFan23 has been around longer and is a better choice - assuming he wants the position...I got the impression that he did but I'd have to send him a PM.

HUSHers have asked for a HUSH regular as a 2nd mod of SSHUSH and I know that guys like Krishanleong, Josh., Entity, et al. would probably want the position even though it's not their main forum if DMBFan23 didn't want the job etc.

Jason_t could be a candidate for the new mid-stakes forum, along with Josh. if he's passed over for either of the HUSHes. There are likely other good candidates that I can't think of at 3am though too.

We might be able to find mods for "Forum Suggestions" and the "BBV" forums from within the ranks of current mods, no? Otherwise i'd have to do some thinking but could probably come up with a few.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 09:17 AM

Didn't DMBFan23 get suspended for making a crazy rant-like post in OOT at one point? Plus he's also Ron Burgundy, I dunno about his strategy posts but if I have the right guy I'm not sure he's the best choice...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't DMBFan23 get suspended for making a crazy rant-like post in OOT at one point? Plus he's also Ron Burgundy, I dunno about his strategy posts but if I have the right guy I'm not sure he's the best choice...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware of this, I don't visit OOT so I'm only aware of his strategy posts which have generally been high-quality. If this is true then I agree that it would make him unappealing as a moderator candidate.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware of this, I don't visit OOT so I'm only aware of his strategy posts which have generally been high-quality. If this is true then I agree that it would make him unappealing as a moderator candidate.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't think that being one of the best strategy posters is a requirement for moderator. IMHO, it's more about the attitude. While above average and winning, I'm certainly not one of the best players in the STT forum.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Moderating is about managing people, not about being a good poker player. Obviously at some point poker knowledge helps, but being able to lay down the law and let people not hate you at the same time helps a lot.

Poker knowledge is probably most important just in terms of getting the respect of the other posters.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 AM

DMBFan has made some amazingly childish posts in response to something as simple as getting a gimmic account banned. Doesn't strike me as a mod at all.

If nobody else wants it, I'll throw my name out there for the bad beats forum.

I'll co-sign a vote for Josh as a mod.

I'd also suggest sfter/The Daver if he's interested for mid-stakes.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM

I'm pretty sure Dave isn't interested. I'd second a nomination for Josh as a mod of mid Hush or any other limit strategy forum.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:21 AM

DcifrThis should definitely be mod for higher stakes (unless he doesn't want to be, obviously, but I can't imagine why that would be). I am the other current mod for mid-high and won't really be participating in the "higher" forum anyway, so it seems natural that I would now be a mod for mid stakes. It would make sense to have a second mod for these forums. I don't know who would be appropriate for higher stakes. For mid stakes, I guess first shot should go to any current mods who may want it; for example, someone like Entity or Evan might want to move up there from small. If we are pulling in a new mod, I think TStoneMBD and jason_t are the obvious candidates.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM

TStoneMBD would be an excellent moderator.

I agress with Matt that Jaxup would also do a fine job.