Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Your Saw Flop%

This is something that I have been racking my brain with for a while now. I try to stay around 20% to 25%, sometimes dipping as low as 15% and as high as 35%. I feel much more comfortable around 20%. Would this be consisdered too tight or too loose or just the right balance? I have read a couple of post where people were in the 10% area. Are these guys way too tight? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Your Saw Flop%

depends :P
im 5-15% usually
Old 12-29-2005, 10:54 AM

I'm a consistent winner (4bb/100) with vpip at 31%.

But then again, I play 6-max Omaha HiLo...

Yeah, that's me being non-helpful [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 10:55 AM

Wow. 5 - 15%? I must be playing way too loose than. I know this is a total newbie question anyways, but I am really trying to tighten up my game and the consistency. I figure this is the only way I can take the next step.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
depends :P
im 5-15% usually

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 AM

You play this tight too Exit? This is already starting to confirm my fear of me being too loose a player.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:19 AM

I used to be much higher than I am now, but tend to run at around 17%, and find my game has gotten much better. Basically I started mucking many more hands in EP. I don't know if I want to go as low as 5% (and have to think someone is jerking your chain here?). It also might be worth looking at your PFR numbers if you have PokerTracker. Limping a lot of pots (after the first few levels) or cold-calling raises is often a leak.

Also remember that there is a difference between VP$IP and saw flop. If you are doing a lot of sealing on the bubble, your VP$IP will be quite high, while you won't see many flops.

Bear in mind that this will change over the course of a tournament. As the tables tighten up, you can open more pots, especially if you have a big stack.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 AM

I'm trying my best to tighten back up again. I looked back at some of my rebuy victories, and was usually around 7-10%.

Nick
Old 12-29-2005, 11:34 AM

Yeah. When I made a FT in a rebuy the other night I started out at about 39% during the hectic rebuy hour. At the end I was at 20% for the tourney. I am definetly going to take a harder look at my play and kick myself a few more times. All this time I thought 20% was tight, boy was I wrong.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:39 AM

great post. I was wondering the same thing. Looks like I am too loose as well. My VPIP is around 17-21%. rebuy period excepted...