Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-23-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Interesting two pair hand.

Is there a converter for full tilt??

Anyhow, I put this hand in here:
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=196147

You can see the result and what really happened but try to be objective.

I am in this situation a lot. River 3-bet good or bad? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No reads.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Interesting two pair hand.

I'd fold PF pretty easily. I'd also fold the flop with two people behind you. BPTK isn't good enough for a CR here IMO. I don't like the river 3-bet either really. Though it's a little closer because he could have AK/AQ
Old 12-23-2005, 03:50 AM

tou should fold preflop. I definetly would not raise the flop, because all you have is bottom pair. I think you may have gotten lucky on the river but i dont like the way you played this hand.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:04 AM

I must confess. I didn't play this hand [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My friend did and asked my advice --> I decided to put it here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

edit: but is this so bad? If I calculated correctly I am getting 8-1 on the flop. The pf-reiser might continuate bet with AK for example. If I can isolate him with a c/r I think it is a good play??
Old 12-23-2005, 08:51 AM

I played this hand actually. I must agree with you guys that my call from big blind pre flop was probably a mistake, since there was a significant risk to be dominated with A4 against the raiser and I was drawing to three outs. However, I am certain that my play was correct after the flop. I immediately put the pf raiser on AK/AQ/AJ or a big pair. Action on the flop after my check was: check-check-(continuation) bet and there was a flush draw on board so I had to raise, calling was out of the question, since someone could have been drawing to flush and I had to charge them 2 bets. Against AK/AQ/AJ I knew I was ahead and if the raiser had had a big pair he would have re-raised and I could have folded. Turn was J and he didn't re-raise so I knew he had either AK/AQ and I re-raised for value with the best hand, easy re-raise since I thrusted my read. He couldn't have been playing AT so passively.

Check-raise is of course quite aggressive play with BPTK but I like that play if I suspect I am against unimproved overcards and I am ready to fold later if it seems that I am wrong.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:16 PM

Preflop play sucks, Don't do that ever again or you will be in for a nice little red number under pt "A4o".

Post flop is prefecto.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:05 PM

I don't like much of this hand. I think you are being results orientated.

True
Old 12-23-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must confess. I didn't play this hand [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My friend did and asked my advice --> I decided to put it here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

edit: but is this so bad? If I calculated correctly I am getting 8-1 on the flop. The pf-reiser might continuate bet with AK for example. If I can isolate him with a c/r I think it is a good play??

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not getting 8:1 if you raise. You could be dominated by AT here too. I would give this hand 4 outs on the flop. Getting 8:1, that makes for a pretty clear fold in my book. If you were heads-up this would probably be OK, but against 3 opponents? Muck it.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I am certain that my play was correct after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke?

[ QUOTE ]
I immediately put the pf raiser on AK/AQ/AJ or a big pair. Action on the flop after my check was: check-check-(continuation) bet and there was a flush draw on board so I had to raise, calling was out of the question, since someone could have been drawing to flush and I had to charge them 2 bets. Against AK/AQ/AJ I knew I was ahead and if the raiser had had a big pair he would have re-raised and I could have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this logic is that you're not the only one who can checkraise here. Someone else could be planning to checkraise their ten, in which case you're in a pretty bad spot. Even if they just call with it, you won't know where you stand.

[ QUOTE ]
easy re-raise since I thrusted my read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so this is a joke... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop play sucks, Don't do that ever again or you will be in for a nice little red number under pt "A4o".

Post flop is prefecto.

[/ QUOTE ]