Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Difficult Post Flop Hand: ($33)

....at least difficult for me.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t1350)
MP1 (t1445)
MP2 (t485)
CO (t910)
Button (t890)
SB (t820)
BB (t810)
UTG (t1290) <font color="white"> Ks Tc </font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls t150.

Flop: (t475) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t90</font>, Hero calls t90.

Turn: (t655) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200.

River: (t1455) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t600 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???

Any thoughts on any streets welcome. I will give my thoughts later....
Old 12-08-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Difficult Post Flop Hand: ($33)

Draw heavy board. I don't let villian name price of draw. I
pop it up to 300 on the flop. If villian pushes over, I call. If not, I reevaluate where I am on the turn. How come no reads, as you've both obviously been in showdowns thus far.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:04 AM

I'm gonna just ask questions for a change. What's your thinking on this flop? What's the plan Sam?

(IOW I hate it, unless your plan is X, and maybe your plan was "x" but villain's betting changed everything and your plan just turned to $ht)
Old 12-08-2005, 02:06 AM

I'd call here.I think he has KK because of call UTG and his bet on the flop is perhaps to find out if you hold the ace. your weak call tells him you dont have it and he hammers at you till you drop your hand.

Only call because min raise on turn could indicate AA.
my 2 cents

oh and raise the flop and youd be less clueless
Old 12-08-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna just ask questions for a change. What's your thinking on this flop? What's the plan Sam?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna wait, but I'll answer now.

I hate this flop. My first thought is that this guy flopped 2 pair. But in my experience, AJ/AT will c/r here. I feel a little better, or less concerned about the FD because I have the Ad in my hand. I called, because I wanted to see what the turn brings. I guess I don't feel horrible folding losing only 290 on this hand if I think this hand goes worse.

Ok, so I have a small bet on the flop and a check on the turn, I now think I'm ahead of this guy. So I bet $200 because I figure he's on the FD now. OK, he c/r's me. No good. I now am worried about the straight. But again, I made a real weak turn bet, so it's difficult to decide. Thinking back on this hand, I should have bet 400 on the turn. Anyway, I called.

The river is a brick, and he pushes. I'm confident he does not have 2 pair, so he either has a straight, or I'm ahead. It's a tough call I think.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:23 AM

I like the call on the flop if he bet like 150+ just so he fires another barrel on the turn, but since he didn't I raise there to about 175ish. I bet 250-300 on the turn. When he raises I push right there. The way you played it your only putting pressure on yourself. Let him decide to fold or bust.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I call the river.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:23 AM

You're completely discounted TT, JJ here? They seem likely to me with the action.

That small bet on the flop, followed by the c/r on the river screams monster to me. I think KQ, TT, JJ are all possibilities here.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're completely discounted TT, JJ here? They seem likely to me with the action.

That small bet on the flop, followed by the c/r on the river screams monster to me. I think KQ, TT, JJ are all possibilities here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think JJ, TT raise PF...The likely hands (IMO) that he is losing to are AJ, AT, and KQ. The flop bet is either very strong (from a donk) or very weak (from a donk).

BTW, KQ seems the most likely here (of hands that beat you, FWIW, you're ahead enough to call on river)...especially given that scuba has an ace, the flop bet and CR turn, allin river.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but not limited to... (and you forgot AA)

What makes this interesting to me, is the turn check. I don't think that TT/JJ/KQ are checking, and potentially letting it check through with a FD on the board after I make that call on the flop (with the exception of maybe KdQd). What really made feel good about this hand is the turn check. That being said, I think I made a mistake by making a call on the turn c/r. I think I need to decide on the hand right there.

After I thought it through, the river was an easier, yet still tough call for me.

The one hand I was most worried about on the river was A6.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna wait, but I'll answer now.

I hate this flop. My first thought is that this guy flopped 2 pair. But in my experience, AJ/AT will c/r here. I feel a little better, or less concerned about the FD because I have the Ad in my hand. I called, because I wanted to see what the turn brings. I guess I don't feel horrible folding losing only 290 on this hand if I think this hand goes worse.

Ok, so I have a small bet on the flop and a check on the turn, I now think I'm ahead of this guy. So I bet $200 because I figure he's on the FD now. OK, he c/r's me. No good. I now am worried about the straight. But again, I made a real weak turn bet, so it's difficult to decide. Thinking back on this hand, I should have bet 400 on the turn. Anyway, I called.

The river is a brick, and he pushes. I'm confident he does not have 2 pair, so he either has a straight, or I'm ahead. It's a tough call I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

this all begins with the flop call. If he has a weak A he thinks he's ahead on your turn bet perhaps which explain the river push. I think you're ahead here enough to call, but not raising the flop "to see what the turn brings" is a bit passive for my tastes...