Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-15-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Is it useful to datamine for S&G?

To what extent does S&G players use PokerAce Hud, GT+ and similar applications? And when they do, is it just on statistics gathered when they play theirself? Is there any use in datamine the Party levels you play?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Is it useful to datamine for S&G?

Yes, it is probably useful. But it would probably not be worth the hassle since you have open/close each tourney manually.

The stats themselves are less useful than cashgames since there is less postflop play and it is harder to distingiush exploitable leaks.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Personally, I don't. The SNG tables fill up so fast, it's not like you get a chance to look for a juicy table like you do at ring games. Besides, if you're looking at historical data (like VPIP, PFR) this is going to vary greatly depending on what stage of the game the data was collected from. For example, you see 18% VPIP. What does that tell you? Depending on how many times you played him and how often you got to the bubble and such, this number will vary greatly. Hard to make decisions based on that.

I suppose it could be helpful to see things like VPIP or PFR on the first 2 orbits or so to get an idea of how they play, but looking at any long-term aggregate data probably isn't very useful.

-SonnyJay
Old 11-15-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I don't. The SNG tables fill up so fast, it's not like you get a chance to look for a juicy table like you do at ring games. Besides, if you're looking at historical data (like VPIP, PFR) this is going to vary greatly depending on what stage of the game the data was collected from. For example, you see 18% VPIP. What does that tell you? Depending on how many times you played him and how often you got to the bubble and such, this number will vary greatly. Hard to make decisions based on that.

I suppose it could be helpful to see things like VPIP or PFR on the first 2 orbits or so to get an idea of how they play, but looking at any long-term aggregate data probably isn't very useful.

-SonnyJay

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't PokerAce Hud capable of only showing you data from the current blind level? Ie, if you play agains villian on the 10/15 level you get to see your gathered stats for him at that level, when you move to 15/30 it shifts and show you your stats on him for that level. Or am I wrong? If it's not possible I agree totaly with you, no use to know V$IP and such then.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't PokerAce Hud capable of only showing you data from the current blind level? Ie, if you play agains villian on the 10/15 level you get to see your gathered stats for him at that level, when you move to 15/30 it shifts and show you your stats on him for that level. Or am I wrong? If it's not possible I agree totaly with you, no use to know V$IP and such then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, and it's the only thing I use it for in sng's.

EDIT: Actually not at a certain level but with a certain number of players at the table.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:23 PM

Re: Poker Ace HUD

It can currently display stats according to # of players at the table. It will support stats by blind level in the future, according to the developer. I think the stats are useful, but not useful enough to data mine.

If I have time and am at home to open 10-tables, then I'm playing those tables, not mining.