Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-11-2005, 02:50 AM

Default A question to stox, cup, morg, sublime, and any other Party affils

[ QUOTE ]
We have developed the offer and the mechanisms for converting an old Party account to a new PartyPoker based on straight-forward representations with PartyPoker. The commitments that we made in our offer will be implemented in conjunction with Party Poker directly. There are no "work around" solutions involved in our offer. Accounts have already been converted doing exactly what we committed to in our offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement was made by stoxtrader in Internet forum.

[ QUOTE ]
I have just gotten off the phone with an affiliate manager at Party. He told me several times that rakeback is NOT endorsed by Party at this time. Any affiliate who is currently offering rakeback is doing so without Party’s consent and at his own risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is from cup's sticky at the top of this forum.

In addition to these comments, we have seen numerous offers from our existing affiliates, spammers, posters here, etc. that feel like they have varying degrees of trustworthiness.

--

I have no vested interest in any of these guys. But I am planning to play some high-limit games at Party. I am not going to get involved w/ anything shady given the amounts of money I typically keep in my accounts, but if I can get rakeback legitimately from Party, then I will obviously want to do that. If not, I will play my existing account and CPC will get paid.

There are many players like me, who want to play at Party with the best possible deal for themselves possible. It benefits all of us, and brings a lot of credibility to this forum if various affiliates can speak openly about who has really talked to Party, who is just talking to larger affiliates, and so forth. Without this type of open discussion, it is very hard for many of us to make an informed decision. That is all I, and many others here, are looking to do.

I hope this thread provides an opportunity for individuals (and I am specifically talking about people who have developed a degree of trust within the 2+2 community) to speak candidly about what they have been told by Party and what kind of commitments they can make and stand behind.

So, I guess my question to all of you, is: For those of you who deal directly with Party, what have you been told that you are willing to stand behind?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: A question to stox, cup, morg, sublime, and any other Party affils

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have developed the offer and the mechanisms for converting an old Party account to a new PartyPoker based on straight-forward representations with PartyPoker. The commitments that we made in our offer will be implemented in conjunction with Party Poker directly. There are no "work around" solutions involved in our offer. Accounts have already been converted doing exactly what we committed to in our offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement was made by stoxtrader in Internet forum.

[ QUOTE ]
I have just gotten off the phone with an affiliate manager at Party. He told me several times that rakeback is NOT endorsed by Party at this time. Any affiliate who is currently offering rakeback is doing so without Party’s consent and at his own risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is from cup's sticky at the top of this forum.

In addition to these comments, we have seen numerous offers from our existing affiliates, spammers, posters here, etc. that feel like they have varying degrees of trustworthiness.

--

I have no vested interest in any of these guys. But I am planning to play some high-limit games at Party. I am not going to get involved w/ anything shady given the amounts of money I typically keep in my accounts, but if I can get rakeback legitimately from Party, then I will obviously want to do that. If not, I will play my existing account and CPC will get paid.

There are many players like me, who want to play at Party with the best possible deal for themselves possible. It benefits all of us, and brings a lot of credibility to this forum if various affiliates can speak openly about who has really talked to Party, who is just talking to larger affiliates, and so forth. Without this type of open discussion, it is very hard for many of us to make an informed decision. That is all I, and many others here, are looking to do.

I hope this thread provides an opportunity for individuals (and I am specifically talking about people who have developed a degree of trust within the 2+2 community) to speak candidly about what they have been told by Party and what kind of commitments they can make and stand behind.

So, I guess my question to all of you, is: For those of you who deal directly with Party, what have you been told that you are willing to stand behind?

[/ QUOTE ]POTY
Old 10-11-2005, 03:18 AM

Man I hope this thread gets going. Echoes my thoughts exactly. Rakeback's great, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna cook the goose that laid the golden egg. If the worst case scenario really is having funds seized and more importantly, being prohibited from playing on Party then that is unacceptable. Is rakeback approved by party?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if I can get rakeback legitimately from Party, then I will obviously want to do that. If not, I will play my existing account and CPC will get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play as high as El D. does, so I can understand where he's coming from. As for me, the thought of playing under my ancient Party account and donating $30K per year to CardPlayerCruises isn't something that I'm willing to accept, so I hope that some legitimate offers are able to be substantiated in the near future. Right now, I've been mixing some tables on a hodge-podge of different sites, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how many good games I've been able to find. Sure, it's more work in finding good tables, but for me the extra money in rakeback is worth it at this time.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 AM

It seems to me that if anyone gets punished for rb deals it will be the affiliates who offer them, not the players. Can you really see Party banning a player who gets his rake back? Perhaps so, if they think that they will lose the player in either case. But of the two, the former makes a lot more sense. If they cut off the affiliate, they get to keep the player and more of the rake.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that if anyone gets punished for rb deals it will be the affiliates who offer them, not the players. Can you really see Party banning a player who gets his rake back? Perhaps so, if they think that they will lose the player in either case. But of the two, the former makes a lot more sense. If they cut off the affiliate, they get to keep the player and more of the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know people who have had accounts closed and money seized on various sites for reasons ranging from bots to credit card fraud. In some cases, this has been legit. In other cases, very sketchy. So, do I think this is a major risk of entering into a shady affiliate deal? No. Do I think it's a slight possibility with potentially huge consequences? Yes.

The biggest risk right now for players is signing up w/ affiliates who make big promises now and in the very near future say "oh, Party's not allowing rakeback anymore, sorry" and just keep all the rakeback for themselves.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As almost everyone here knows, going to an affiliate manager at Party and asking "does party offer rakeback" is going to get the expected response.

The nature of the affiliate/partypoker relationship is that anyone that knows what is going on behind the scenes is somewhat precluded from telling what they know for obvious reasons. I don't know how to tell you that I know the deal, so you are either going to have to believe me or not. That's up to you.

There is at least one partner at party that I know about that is allowed to offer a "player rewards" program. They have since the birth of the site been allowed to offer it.

So I understand your reluctance to open a rewards account, I can tell you that if you go through the right channel you will be fine. If you ask enough questions when choosing an affiliate, it will become obvious who this provider is.

Tuco.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:00 AM

Thanks, tuco. I have sent you a PM. Suffice it to say, there are many things that are apparently commonly known and obvious to many here that I have absolutely no f'in clue about.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, tuco. I have sent you a PM. Suffice it to say, there are many things that are apparently commonly known and obvious to many here that I have absolutely no f'in clue about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome. As far as being in the dark, i'm still trying to comprehend the "how many 5 year old" thing, so I guess that makes us even.

Tuco.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 AM

I'm just curious - if you guys are with CPC, why not just contact them? After all, they do have the juice with Party to get things done the right way, not have accounts frozen, etc. I'm sure someone on here can supply the right email address for them, if not, I can.