Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:00 AM

Default how to play a super aggrsive player

i play in a 5-10-25 on the butten home game,and this supp agg player is unbeatable,he all ways seats in the 5 seat for some reason and takes control of the game,can anyone tell me why the "5" seat ,and where is the best seat to play in the game?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: how to play a super aggrsive player

He sits there because of superstition most likely. Assuming he was the only LAG in the game, I would attempt to sit opposite of him so that I could at least have position on him half the time and also get to see the reactions of some other players to his bets and raises. If you were playing with a very short stack then sitting on his immediate right would be best so that you could use his bets as a springboard to checkraise allin, particularly preflop with aces. The worst seats in relation to him would be the 2 on his immediate left because he would frequently guarantee you never get a free play in the blinds even when everyone folds to him preflop. Plus if you use that position to raise him with non-nut hands post flop when you think he is betting light, then you run the risk of him running you into the nuts held by a 3rd player behind you.

You have asked the key question regarding this game, and no matter how good you play, a bad seat in relation to this kind of player will often insure a losing session.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sitting on his immediate right would be best so that you could use his bets as a springboard to checkraise allin, particularly preflop with aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this seat you get to see what the other players do before you act. You act last in relation to this player in the four seat. You can search Card Player for an article by Rolf S. regarding this topic.

If he raises a lot preflop, do not limp unless you plan on calling or backraising.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:03 PM

ty,bluffthis and atobet for the adv.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:11 PM

The best seat in relation to your opponent depends on stack sizes and how the other opponents react to his play.

In most cases, I like to sit to his immediate right, limp with a lot of hands that can flop the nuts or huge draws, and checkraise the field.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:28 PM

so.the seat to his rigth is the best in your oppion?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:25 PM

In most cases, yes. Unless you are willing to play back at your opponent with marginal hands, then the seat on his left is ideal.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:04 PM

how would u play against a player like this?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are willing to play back at your opponent with marginal hands, then the seat on his left is ideal.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this runs the risk I mentioned of getting run into a better holding behind you in multiway pots. However headsup you have to playback like this or he'll bleed you dry. And that is exactly what he is slowly doing with passive players, and all those small and medium pots he picks up like that give him a freeroll to suckout with weaker drawing hands where the pot odds of the hand itself in question wouldn't warrant it.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:53 PM

yes bluffthis you have sumed it up and this is exactly what is goning on and everone thinks he is just real lucky,but he is out playing the table.i think i am the only one that knows better.