Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-16-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: So I just found out...

i cant tell if your a smart ass ripping on my essay or if its a serious question...but if youre serious, i'll prolly choose madison cuz a lot of my friends are goin there
Old 12-16-2005, 03:49 AM

Leonard9 - the fact that you can't tell if Born2Loose is being a "smart ass" or not speaks volumes...

This essay needs a good amount of work imo. Or just to be thrown out entirely. The whole essay is framed as a "life changing experience", but how your life, or his life, or anyone's life, is changed is not seen at all. I guess, with your concluding paragraph, you tell the reader you learned that "having a positive attitude is important for many of life's endeavors."

First, that's not "a life changing experience." Second, that's just realizing something really [censored]' obvious to any moran with half a brain, which, as a general rule, is not a great essay topic.

Best of Luck,
-Al
Old 12-16-2005, 05:17 AM

The essays are probably the most important thing about the Stanford applications. Everybody they consider has awesome grades, SATs, etc. There was a big article about it in the last Stanford alumni magazine.

Anyway, good luck with all your applications, I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you go since college is awesome. (I would say "Go Cardinal", but I hate that our nickname is a color and our mascot is a tree. So fing lame.)