Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-16-2005, 04:28 PM

Default 3/6 6 Max: Blind Defense Hand

This is probably a pretty boring and standard hand for most of you, but I am trying to get better in defense situations so hopefully you will humor me.

Hero is in the BB with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

CO open raises and it is folded to me. I call.

The CO is 22/11/1.7 after about 2,000 hands. His attempt to steal blinds in 19.5%.

The flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, Villan bets, I raise...

Standard so far? If he 3 bets do I plan on check calling down? Assuming he calls and then raises when I lead the turn do I consider folding there if it is a scary card?

I get confused when it is a steal opportunity and the villan starts to play back at me.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: 3/6 6 Max: Blind Defense Hand

[ QUOTE ]

Standard so far?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

If he 3 bets do I plan on check calling down?

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on villian. But you should at least see the turn card before deciding if you should continue.

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming he calls and then raises when I lead the turn do I consider folding there if it is a scary card?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he does this you're almost certainly boned.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:02 PM

I'd say call the 3-bet and bet-fold the turn. It seems a lot of the time a K would smooth call the flop and raise the turn, so his flop 3-bet makes me suspicious.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say call the 3-bet and bet-fold the turn. It seems a lot of the time a K would smooth call the flop and raise the turn, so his flop 3-bet makes me suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesnt make sense imo. If you believe he doesnt have the K you should just call down and maybe raise the river. Why make him fold a worse hand which he would bluff at you. If I were to do anything different and I dont put him on a K I would cap flop and bet fold turn and river.