Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:18 PM

Default need book recommendations

i plan to start regularly playing party's low stakes (10/1), (20/2) NL Holdem single table SNGs, multitable SNGs, and large tournaments. I'm looking for maybe 4-8 of the best books to help improve my play in these games specifically. Tournament poker for advanced players recommends holdem for advanced players, TOP, etc before reading on tournament play. I've read TOP, HE for advance players, sshe for advanced players, as well as several others, but none on no limit tournament play specifically

anyway 4-8 of the best books on the subject?

also i plan to continue to read 2+2's limit books a few more times.. would it be better to just focus on NL tourney books. I've been playing very low (.5/1) and (1/2) limit at party for about 60,000 hands and made about $1500 off of my $300 bankroll but i'm pretty new to NL tourneys and NL in general, so help would be appreciated
Old 11-16-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: need book recommendations

The best I've read are Harrington no Holdem Vol I and II (I really thought II was the best NLHE book I've read, sorry David S) and then Sklansky's Tournament Poker for Advanced Players/
Old 11-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Try this
Old 11-17-2005, 02:26 PM

Agreed.

HOH I/II is fantastic and actually has a ton of good info for on-line play.

Sklansky's book is good too--its geared for a good ring player who is looking to adjust to tourneys. sounds like it might be up your alley.