Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2003, 10:26 AM

Default ty justus N/T

Old 10-11-2003, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Like what?

I meant 90% of the answers to the questions you ask relentlessly

You only have two answers and you reply to every post with one of them alternately.

Lori
Old 10-11-2003, 11:01 AM

Default Re: New deposit promo for Paradise, what do you think???

i think your use of "sic" the way you intended it is a little unnecessarily spiteful, mary, in trying to draw our attention to someone's spelling, even though most of us don't care, and assume a typist's, rather than a spelling, error

however, never having been good at Latin, (apart from amo, amas, amat), i looked up the meaning of sic in my pocket dictionary

after seeing it as you wrote it in your post i was a little surprised to read that sic means, "thus: used to indicate that an odd spelling or reading is in fact accurate"

we all live and learn, don't we? [rhetorical quesion (sic)]
Old 10-11-2003, 12:46 PM

Default I will certainly look it up, but it is used frequently that way.

: intentionally so written -- used after a printed word or passage to indicate that it is intended exactly as printed or to indicate that it exactly reproduces an original <said he seed [sic] it all>

The first one on important/impotent was a true joke. The second was truthfully in response to what I believe to be somewhat spiteful on his part.

In any case, I do not believe "spite" is even close to the correct level of intensity for my correction, perhaps "pique" or "annoyance."
Old 10-11-2003, 02:21 PM

Default Re: New deposit promo for Paradise, what do you think???

All, I just posted this in another thread re: this topic but since this was originally about the subject line I thought that I would repost here and try to get you all back on track.

UPDATE
In my first two hours, 1 hr on .50/1.00 to get used to two tables and there software cause haven't been there for a while, and 2nd hour on 1.00/2.00 which is very tight, I made $67 total $20 on .50/1.00 games and $47 on the 1/2 games and about $10 per hour in bonus playing two tables for a grand total in two hours of $87.00

Games are way tight compared to Party though so if your going over there, tighten it up and as always when you get em, be agggggresssive
Old 10-11-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 2 examples from this thread

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't Paradise's single promotional claim to fame an occasional deposit bonus that was so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really want the answer to this? They have had many promotions in the past. Run a search on it. Then you can answer your own question that nobody cares about.

But besides that, you make the implication that Para only had one promotional claim to fame. You use your questions to get subtler points across. You don't care for the answers, and specifically in this case, all you wanted to accomplish was do a little bad mouthing of a site that essentially told you to take a flying fu*k at the moon when you approached them w/your great Poker Vault.

[ QUOTE ]
When will they have one of those?

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell is anyone here supposed to know the answer to that? If you really care, email support and do your own research.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:22 PM

jek, I think your dislike for Cyndie is leading you to read more into her post than she meant.

[ QUOTE ]
They have had many promotions in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have. As far as I know, it has always been "play 100 hands to clear it", hence her statement that is was "so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever".

[ QUOTE ]
all you wanted to accomplish was do a little bad mouthing of a site

[/ QUOTE ]

No bad mouthing here, just a note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear.

Yes, I must admit I do not hate Cyndie/Mary. In fact, I like her. I know her to be a decent and honest person.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have had many promotions in the past.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they have. As far as I know, it has always been "play 100 hands to clear it", hence her statement that is was "so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever".

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, please note that she said "wasn't Paradise's single promotional claim to fame an occasional deposit bonus that was so easy to clear that it was far and away the best ever."

This still implies that they've never run a promo worthy of "promotional fame" besides a depo bonus. What about the WSOP promo where they chummed the waters so nicely? How about the str8 flush in hearts on Valentine's Day? These are both famous promos. More so, IMHO, then their old depo bonuses.

The way she worded the question, does not put Para in a good light. If she wanted to "note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear" then she should just note it. Not doing so, brings up the question, "Why would she phrase things like this?" The obvious answer is that she has an ax to grind w/Para. Maybe there's another reason. Who knows.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I must admit I do not hate Cyndie/Mary. In fact, I like her. I know her to be a decent and honest person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate her, but I sure as hell don't like her either.

And if someone who lies, censors, and spams is "decent and honest" then I guess I agree with you there.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This still implies that they've never run a promo worthy of "promotional fame" besides a depo bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it does.

[ QUOTE ]
What about the WSOP promo . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Several sites had WSOP promos.

[ QUOTE ]
If she wanted to "note of the change from the easiest bonus to clear to a more difficult bonus to clear" then she should just note it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way I read her post. I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

[ QUOTE ]
And if someone who lies,

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't known her to lie.

[ QUOTE ]
censors,

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Do you mean on her website? It is a commercial site, she can delete (censor) whatever she wants. Like 2 + 2, there is absolutely no obligation be concerned with "freedom of speech" issues.

[ QUOTE ]
and spams

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerScene was more than a bit overzealous.

[ QUOTE ]
"decent and honest" then I guess I agree with you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going on an image, I base my opinion on numerous personal dealings with her, including some involving significant sums of money.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:24 PM

I don't think it does

I think it does.

Several sites had WSOP promos

Paradise was first, by over a month.

I believe your inferences are affected by your opinion of her.

I admit I have the same opinion of her, but I see the post the same way as Jek.

I haven't known her to lie.

I have.

PokerScene was more than a bit overzealous.

No comment.

I base my opinion on numerous personal dealings with her, including some involving significant sums of money.

I have had exchanges other than those on this board, but none involved money.

Lori