Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-25-2005, 03:56 AM

Default General Situation - Pair + three flush

I call on third street with a K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] three flush,
three others call, on fourth I hit 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

X X A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bets and two others call.

How strong is my hand? Strong enough to call one more bet in a multiway but not to raise? is this a fold?

If I blank on 5th is this an automuck? What about if I have an overcard to the top pair hands?

any advice on the strength of three flush with a pair say with two dead flush cards in general?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: General Situation - Pair + three flush

a 3 flush + pair is usually worth seeing 5th street for 1 bet depending on the dead cards, just get a cheap card and see where you stand on 5th. If you don't improve 5th you usually have to fold, again depending on your opponents likely hands and your dead cards.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:41 AM

If there is a raise on 3rd almost always call 4th in this situation. The only time you don't is when someone pairs their door card (goes without saying), or there are 2 opponents who have scary looking 2 flushes on board higher than your flush draw. Like if one guy had Ac Qc showing and another guy had Jh Th, folding is probably correct especially if these players are yet to act.

As for 5th street, you should usually auto muck unimproved UNLESS everyone folds to you and you can continue heads up against the original bettor. In this case you should seriously continue going to the river since there is so much dead money in the pot. Obviously if your hand is dead or your opponents board is very scary you'll do better off folding, but even if you only have a pair of deuces here and your cards are fairly live you can usually chase.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:16 PM

I think in this kind of scenario, it's worth taking one off more often than not. Having two flush cards out is OK. You've seen ten cards or so in other people's hands. And yes, usually fold fifth unless you've bought some help. If your King is a live over-card to the board, be much more inclined to see the river.