Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 06:36 PM

Default crappy 1/2 game - TP2K, shallow stacks

i decided to check out a new underground card room and the game was craptastic. it was short-handed all night and most players were only buying in with 40 or 60.

the dealer/host splashes the pot with an extra $10, UTG limps, UTG+1 ($70 behind) raises to $10, i call with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Button folds, SB folds, BB pushes all-in for $22 total, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I call

BB is a pretty crappy player. he probably has a pocket pair or a couple paints. UTG+1 is not much better.

i have about 80% of the chips on the table in my stack and have a loose-aggressive image. i've been busting these guys left and right for about an hour now.

flop $78 - A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets $20, I call

turn $78 main, $40 side - Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 pushes for $28, I call
Old 12-07-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: crappy 1/2 game - TP2K

I don't know if I would be calling the raise with a2s. There aren't enough callers for the pot odds to play for the flush. You are dominated by any ace. And you could double up anyone that has an ace and an ace falls on the flop. Looks like a 6-way game? Unless maybe utg+1 raises every other hand. There was a limper so a decent player probably isn't kidding around. After the first call though you might as well call the bb's raise.

Post-flop play you might as well call it down since he isn't that deep. You were really calling for $48 on the flop I think, since he is going to push unless it was a bluff.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: crappy 1/2 game - TP2K

[ QUOTE ]
Post-flop play you might as well call it down since he isn't that deep. You were really calling for $48 on the flop I think, since he is going to push even if it was a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: crappy 1/2 game - TP2K, shallow stacks

Stack sizes are really important but in these types of games I typically don't play postflop.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stack sizes are really important but in these types of games I typically don't play postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
i gave stack sizes.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:29 PM

btw, splashing the pot means that there's an extra $10 from the start. a pot sized raise from UTG+1 would have been $19 to go. his range for raising is any pocket pair and any two broadways.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 AM

i guess this wasn't that interesting. aggressive villain had KQ and the all-in preflop guy had 88 (i think). MHIG.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:58 AM

Looks fine. You'd be surprised how often top pair is good in these types of games.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:48 AM

What's the question?