Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Chess Game Analysis (really really long & 3000th post)

[ QUOTE ]
TTIWWP

I need pictures to see the moves [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Use this link for a javascript game viewer. It's got pictures. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM

I don't like White's plan commencing with 22.b4
I would be more inclined to put this pawn on b3 when it became necessary to move it at all and instead initiate an assault Kingside utilizing the open g-file and pushing the h-pawn.

With that in mind it may have been better to play 20.b3 so that the Q could go to e2 leaving f2 free for the King.

But I haven't played chess in years (except for that party last month where Day and Findlay kicked my ass all over the board)
Old 12-07-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: comments on the game

[ QUOTE ]
15.f4 - I see that white's trying to gain some activity, but is 15...exf4 16.gxf4 worth it? Seems to weaken white's kingside a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have hardly anything that can attack his kingside, so he doesn't mind weakening it a little. If anything, my kingside could become a problem before his does. I have to worry about the holes created by my fianchetto setup without the bishop. He can just step to h1 with his king and be perfectly safe, if that is even needed.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think white was worried that you would pressure his d3 pawn, and that trading off your e-pawn and getting in d4 was an answer? Does white have any alternatives (maybe a queenside advance like you mentioned earler?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he would have played Ne1 and e3 without intending f4. Since his kingside is not really a problem, I dont think he needs to look for alternatives yet.

[ QUOTE ]
43...Qc3 - did you feel like the e3 pawn was going to drop anyways instead of playing Nxe3 here? Why didn't white play 43.Qg3 instead? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 43...Nxe3 he has Qe7+ with at least a draw.

On 43.Qg3 I can continue in the same way, ...Qc3, ...Rc1 etc.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be more inclined to put this pawn on b3 when it became necessary to move it at all and instead initiate an assault Kingside utilizing the open g-file and pushing the h-pawn.

With that in mind it may have been better to play 20.b3 so that the Q could go to e2 leaving f2 free for the King.

[/ QUOTE ]

b4 was the right idea, but three or four moves earlier when I had a knight on c5 and he could play b5 on the next move after I retreat.

Your plan is kind of slow, I don't think it will work. 22.b3 Qe7 23.Qe2 Nf6. Still want to play Kf2 with stuff like Bd5 and the knights hopping in to d5 and e4 coming soon?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b4 was the right idea, but three or four moves earlier when I had a knight on c5 and he could play b5 on the next move after I retreat.

Your plan is kind of slow, I don't think it will work. 22.b3 Qe7 23.Qe2 Nf6. Still want to play Kf2 with stuff like Bd5 and the knights hopping in to d5 and e4 coming soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah really. What are you, stupid?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggested 20.b3 when the d-pawn is still on d3
It may still be too slow but it can't be worse than the game.
Like you said the time for b4 has come and gone
Old 12-07-2005, 04:52 PM

McGahee - Yes
Old 12-09-2005, 02:11 AM

where's the pgn? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:13 AM

Um, no. I used to play at the same club as TimM, and he owns. (Well, except for the GMs who came by from time to time.) But if you want, PM me and we'll play on ICC. I might be more your speed (1500 or so USCF).
Old 12-09-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play at the same club as TimM

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Who are you? Did we ever play?