Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 2/5NL live - JTs

Do 2/5 players fold TPWK here? OP hasn't been representing anything anyone should be afraid of, even if one of the other players is good enough to lay thier hand down.

I hate raising with just a draw in a multiway pot. Particularly one that was cold called by three players after a raise from someone the entire table thinks is nuts.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:08 PM

I could see a loose player getting tricky with all kinds of hands. I doubt all his outs are clean. Particularly the overcards.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:16 PM

I like the idea. But 250 is not nearly enough. Further your stack is to small to make it 400 to go (which is what I think you would have to do to succeed). Given all these factors I dont like the play and suggest just calling. Like I said if you had 1200 or more than I make it 400-450 to go.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do 2/5 players fold TPWK here? OP hasn't been representing anything anyone should be afraid of, even if one of the other players is good enough to lay their hand down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The good ones probably laydown Qxs without a back door flush draw. The action is you with two people already all-in, do you go to the felt with TPWK if there is still one person left to act behind you?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:23 PM

there's no way these guys don't raise if they have something...and the bet was so small in relation to the pot that they're calling with pretty much anything they limped in with.

they both folded, turn and river blank, and WAG2 takes it down with A2o. i didn't show.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM

If somone came over the top and of you all in would you have called? Anyone?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If somone came over the top and of you all in would you have called? Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

it would only have been at most $50, so yeah, i think i have to call that.

EDIT: i made my bet based on the pot size, but i really could have made it $300 or whatever, which would have put the remaining people all in. shrug, i don't think it matters much.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:05 PM

I'm a little confused here. Why would you want to isolate with anyone with your hand right here? Even if WAG has a naked King he is close to even money with you at this point. If you hit, you most likely have the nut straight so why do you want everyone else out? are you afraid of getting bet out of the pot on the turn? I think just because someone is crazy doesn't mean he never has a hand here. He would need to have absolutely no hand for you to be way ahead of him right here. If you had a chance to take down the whole pot (meaning that WAG is not all in) this would be a good play, but in this case, I just call here.

Whats worse, in this case someone else in here could be slowplaying a set to the turn, or be a donkey and not lay down a Q to anything here.

BTW, this is why I try to cultivate a wild agressive table image and raise with weird hands (not saying the maniac in this thread is doing this), people tend to think just because I make plays with nothing that I NEVER get a hand.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:15 PM

I was thinking about this, and I'm not sure why everyone is advocating isolating either.

I think you're likely to lose this hand if you are heads up against the all-in, UNLESS you hit your hand. If you hit your hand, you want those callers in anyways.

Basically, whether you call or reraise, you're investing that $35. However, by raising, you negate the opportunity to make more money when you hit but yet your chances of winning the $35 doesn't increase.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, whether you call or reraise, you're investing that $35. However, by raising, you negate the opportunity to make more money when you hit but yet your chances of winning the $35 doesn't increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

by isolating i increase my chances of winning the hand. i'm not necessarily behind the WAG (one hand he reraised PF with 32o and overbet pushed a flop and hit running dueces to take it down)...but raising here pushes out the other guys who may have a weak Q or a small/mid pocket pair.