Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: WA/WB multiway?

Why does everyone think hes behind? Its a CO raise after 1 limper.... I really think a checkraise on the flop would be the best decision for this hand if you feel the CO will always fire a continuation bet. I feel that you are fairly likely to have the best hand and might as well find out early as well as get money in the pot for when you do have the best hand.
If you cr the flop you can fold the turn UI or if you get raised on the turn its an easy toss as well.
Given that you decided to puss out on the flop and turn I think your river bet out is probably the best idea. The board is a pretty uncoordinated board, so I feel that the only thing that will raise you are sets and maybe aces up, so I feel that folding to the river raise is not a bad idea if they are loose passive as you say.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:14 PM

I feel this is an obvious c/r on the flop to let people know I have something and hence make them fold on the flop or turn. You don't want to encourage 3 other players to see the river when you only have top pair.

And one important note: Playing WA/WB when in a multiway pot is like asking to be outdrawn. You have to realize how many bad cards that can come on the turn or river and you need to either fold or eliminate the field. And eliminating the field in this spot is way better until the raiser or maybe even another player says otherwise.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 PM

The fear isn't that he's neceessarily behind. The fear is that when he's ahead, he'll simply get the raiser to fold a big pair that has 2 outs against him, when he'd much rather keep him betting with only 9% or equity. Likewise, he's liable to just get 3-bet or called then popped on the turn when behind a bigger ace. Hence the standard WA/WB line, the only real question is the presence of everyone else, since you'd like people to fold gutshots and pairs on this board.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:38 PM

Bet the flop, if raised call down. If you c/r the flop and get 3 bet, do you want to fold the turn? Not really, get to showdown cheap but trap the people in the middle.

A read on PFR would be nice but ATs and A9s might be in his range of hands, so could KQ which is why you can't fold on the river. I'd rather cc the river than bet and fold to a raise. The pot is just too big for me to like taking that line here.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:49 PM

I think betting out or checkraising the flop is a must. Positionally speaking, I think I'd just bet out.
I'll say it's to "protect your hand", but in a game like this you'll have people calling (or coldcalling) you with a 2 or with a 4. Yeah, you may not be ahead but there are enough idiots in a game like this to pay enough to make you money (even though sometimes you're dominated by the preflop raiser).
Old 11-21-2005, 08:52 PM

I would lead the flop to see what information CO will volunteer, and to reduce the number of opponents, hopefully. After the turn, I'd usually employ WAWB if CO is still in town, or lead if just the passives remain.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:00 PM

I don't think I can make good decisions in this hand without stats on the preflop raiser and hopefully some of the callers. Without that I probably c/r the flop, if he 3bets I call and fold the turn if I don't hit 2p and a K or Q hit. Otherwise I probably call again depending on PO and fold the the river UI most of the time. If I don't get 3bet I lead the turn, if I get raised I'll fold if a K or Q fell otherwise I call and c/f ui on the river.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:11 AM

Am I the only one folding this hand pre-flop?

If I got this far, I'd be betting before the river, probably the flop. But, really, AJo against an unknown player and a field is almost always a fold for me. Big dominated offsuit cards suck.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Given the description of the players, I think we are reasonably likely to be ahead with AJo. The limper and the sb are loose passive, and on a pretty big range. CO may have been trying to isolate, so his range is fairly wide. Getting 1:7, I would see the flop.