Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-18-2005, 01:27 AM

Default interensting KK line...

reads on villain are pretty slim. i have only been at the table with him for maybe 45 hands or so. all i know is that he is pretty damn aggressive even with one pair hands. he is not a complete donk, but im pretty sure he overvalues hands.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($65.75)
CO ($8.90)
Button ($16.90)
Hero ($54.60)
BB ($52.80)
UTG ($31.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2.

Flop: ($5.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $13</font>, Hero calls $8.75.

Turn: ($31.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero pushes</font>...

does this look good?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: interensting KK line...

i like this line alot, i love making this flop and turn play, i think it gets the most out of your hands and it also lets worse hands stick around and lose there chips. With such an aggr player J is probably what you put him on and your flop call was perfect. Then checking the turn letting him make the mistake and then your over the top raise finished off the hand perfectly. I can see him calling with a J here.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:09 AM

I like a lot.

downside is that hearts take a free river but that weak turn lead is 85% an underpair to J.

and your checkraise all in looks fishy thus prompting somebody to perhaps make a 'big call'.

today I had a similar hand where I bet JJ on a J 4 2 rainbow flop, get minraised,called the minraised, 6 on the turn. I check raised him on the turn. unfortunately guy showed 53.

not a bad beat post, just this board reminded me of it.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:18 AM

Not too shabby

Your choices are this or 3-bet the flop, I would usually 3-bet the flop, but this line is ok if you feel like he'll bet the turn after you call his flop raise