Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Turn Squeeze Play

Sup Fools,

BB is TAG, Button is LPP. Just how we like em.

I forget where I first saw this one (it was recently) but I really like it because it traps Button for an extra bet and BB can fold some better hands. Standard?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 11-10-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Turn Squeeze Play

so your hoping bb to be on nothing or a weak somthing and expect button to be on almost nothing?

i like, i think i pull the same play even minus the button

edit: auto release on threebet?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:29 AM

I don't really get the pf complete, but I could be missing something.

Rest looks ok with how you played it.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:39 AM

yeah I was releasing to a 3-bet from either dude, I don't think I'd seen button 3-bet yet this session.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 AM

why no raise preflop?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:44 AM

&lt;----- The force is weak with this one.

I usually stop at A8o with the raising in this spot. I dig the concept though because BB will leave me heads up with sucky dude a lot. should I play any ace here for a raise with a TAG player in the BB?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:02 AM

Personally I think it depends on how BB plays from there. If he defends properly I don't like raising an A with small values of x, since he'll at least call with a wide range of hands, and may well 3 bet a lot of them in order to get BT out (depending on how just how likely he is to call a 3 bet) and give himself position for the rest of the hand. Either way if he plays he'll have position on you (BT in this case isn't too important to him due to the weak player - but it's still a hand he'd rather not have playing ("You contributed your dead money, now please leave"), unless, of course, he has a very strong hand - then he wants BT to stay and pay him off, for a while at least. But I digress.

On the other hand if BB will fold too often (some TAGS are too tight out of the blinds, especially in this type of situation) then raising with low values of x tends to be worthwhile. In either case I'm assuming TAG plays at least OK postflop. If he's one of those TAGS who plays poorly postflop, especially ultrashort, then you don't care if he sticks around, so raising with low values of x can still be worthwhile
Old 11-10-2005, 03:10 AM

I tend to play weakly out of the BB in this spot because of poor relative position. but I'm not sure how weakly.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:15 AM

Hey dmb,

I'd prefer to hold a J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand to pull something like this - then we'll be folding numerous better hands and have a significant # of outs when behind. I just don't think even predictable TAGs fold many better aces(he figures to have AT+ or so for a raise from the BB?) and I don't think they release here that often. I could be wrong though and I'd love to hear more debate about the matter.

Surf
Old 11-10-2005, 04:40 AM

i like to raise pre-flop - A4o is a crappy power hand so you dont want the runners and the button has kindly advised you that you have a likely equity edge

having just completed i would routinely bet out on this flop - call me a wussy but i'm hoping not to get to the point of wondering about whether to fold to a turn 3 bet

stripsqueez - chickenhawk