Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-09-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: NBC\'s The Office

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fire drill had me cracking up. I've seen people run for the exit much like Michael did. And I've seen people act like over-eager fire-wardens, like Michael's assistant did in that hilarious episode.

Great show.

[/ QUOTE ]
this was the most hilarious episode. I'm still laughing at Michael running for the exit. OMG. And the inappropriate questions they were asking each other in the parking lot about who they'd most like to sleep with. wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sucks! I want to see it! I'm gonna have to figure out bittorrent or something... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 08:25 PM

I was talking about it with a friend and we've noticed that if you watch the show, it's hilarious...but try describing it to someone, they give you that, "Oh...yeah. That is funny" response while giving you the "You are a 'tard" face.

Most of America can't laugh at a show unless there's a laughtrack behind it.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:43 PM

I find this show painful to watch... to me, it's just not funny. Carrell's character is just an imbecile, the timing is poor, and the jokes are poor. A couple of the characters are good, but there's not really enough in there for me to justify even telling the DVR to record it.

-d
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

there's an american last season? or are you talking about the british one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we are currently on season 2. The first season was only like 8 episodes or something I think.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have only seen 1 episode of the American version. It is reasonably well done and amusing, but pales in comparison to the original IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try watching it again. I basically felt the same way until about the 2nd or 3rd episode of this season, and I donno - obviously something clicked with the writers and the actors - it's really hilarious - I think funniest show on Network TV. Has both Earl and, now, Arrested Development dizominated.

The British "The Office" is really hilarious - but it's definitely more snarky (esp. 2nd season) than the American version, which has a little more heart. Per American tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me nauseous when people actually have the gall to say that the US version is anywhere close to as good/funny/warm as the BBC version. The BBC version is one of the greatest comedies of all time.

The US version is good, but in a way that CSI(which I don't watch) is good. Better than most of the stuff on TV, but definitely not great.

Of course, maybe I need to watch more than the four episodes I've seen.

DN
Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have only seen 1 episode of the American version. It is reasonably well done and amusing, but pales in comparison to the original IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try watching it again. I basically felt the same way until about the 2nd or 3rd episode of this season, and I donno - obviously something clicked with the writers and the actors - it's really hilarious - I think funniest show on Network TV. Has both Earl and, now, Arrested Development dizominated.

The British "The Office" is really hilarious - but it's definitely more snarky (esp. 2nd season) than the American version, which has a little more heart. Per American tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me nauseous when people actually have the gall to say that the US version is anywhere close to as good/funny/warm as the BBC version. The BBC version is one of the greatest comedies of all time.

The US version is good, but in a way that CSI(which I don't watch) is good. Better than most of the stuff on TV, but definitely not great.

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct sir.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:40 AM

This season has been great, but I still think the best episode was the basketball game from season 1. And also: "Mint chocolate chip ice cream cake!"
Old 11-10-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - you should watch more than 4 episodes of the US version. I really think it's found its groove this season.

One of the greatest comedies of all time? Puh-lease. The 1st season of the BBC's The Office was amazing - second not so good. 1 great season does not qualify it as "one of the greatest comedies of all time".
Old 11-10-2005, 02:56 AM

The BBC version can't match up to the U.S. version for one specific reason. It has no sub-titles so I can't figure out what language those people are speaking half the time.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:57 AM

there is a virtual torrent of episodes suddenly appearing on my computer and I have no idea how. [censored], guess I'll watch them.