Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 01:15 AM

Default 77 in the BB, facing tough decision

#30+3, $12k guaranteed on Ulitmate Bet, 19 to the money. Average stack is around 9200.

Blinds are 150/300 with 75 as the ante.

From my standpoint:
tamboni has no problem pushing pushing the bet pot button preflop trying to pick up the blinds, but he has shown the winning hands when they would get to showdown. stormy55 has been fairly loose, and doesn't have a problem seeing the flop, but then has the tendicy to overplaying the flop. Anyway, he limps behind. Kate Starbird has played a tight game, and her bet is what scared me out of this pot. She makes it 3825, more than doubling the size of the pot. It gets to me and my 77, and after debating, I decide to dump it. I haven't had too much success lately with my races, whether I'm ahead or behind. I don't want to make this a flat call either, only to be crippled, and have a harder decision to make when it gets back to the original raiser, and the limper that followed him, if they indeed push their remaining stack.

Should this of been a call to make?

tinga81 is at seat 0 with 9385.
tambini is at seat 6 with 8745.
stormy55 is at seat 8 with 3850.
Kate Starbird is at seat 9 with 16110.

tinga81: 7s 7h
tamboni: -- --
stormy55: -- --
Kate Starbird: -- --

Pre-flop:

xx folds. xx folds. xx folds. xx folds. xx folds. tambini raises to 775 stormy55 calls. Kate Starbird re-raises to 3625. tinga81 folds. tambini folds. stormy55 goes all-in for 3825. Kate Starbird calls.

I'm kicking myself in the ass, because I would of boated on the flop. Was it the right decision?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: 77 in the BB, facing tough decision

Easy fold. Calling a reraise for half your stack against a reraiser that has you well covered with a mid pair is nuts. Especially when there is a caller between the raise and reraise. I would bet at least two of these players has you beat preflop and you are sure against two overs in at least one of these hands. You will be an huge underdog to win the hand for sure.

Good fold, forget what coulda happened, next hand...
Old 10-28-2005, 10:39 AM

Don't be results oriented. There was a raise and then a reraise from a 'tight' player. What hands do you put her on that she reraises. From your description you'd be lucky to get in a coinflip with her.

It costs you 33% of your stack to call her raise. In order to call looking to hit your set the raise should be at MOST 10% of your stack/their stack (smaller of the two).

Good laydown.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:54 AM

this is a clear fold.

you're never going to be a good poker player if you put any stock in this kind of thinking:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kicking myself in the ass, because I would of boated on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]