Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-22-2005, 04:47 AM

Default ok real quick: EVACUTAION VACATION TRIP REPORT v. HotSprings

So, this is a bit late but while it's on my mind I'll post a real quick evac. vac. trip report. Takes us 4 hours to go 30 miles up highway 14. We finally hit our groove and get to hot springs in about like 12 hours. The first few days are the usual boring evac [censored]. Then I find out fellow 2+2er Woollygimp is staying a few blocks down central and I head over to meet him. We start going to the local bars to play pool. One night after pool/drinking we meet up with another evacuee that lives just north of us named Von. He's in his 40's and didn't have a car up there so we hung together at the bars and [censored].

The 2nd night we were at the bars, we ended up playing doubles pool with 2 guys that were doing contract work for a dock building company. They seemed like nice guys. We were playing them for drinks untill they said they couldn't afford it anymore, and then I started buying rounds for all of us. After a couple games, one of them took for the door and the other told us they had to jet so we just said later, nice playing with you, and went on with our game. A few minutes later Woolygimp see's his wallet on the table, checkes it, and notices he's missing $200. Since he's a [censored] loser we figure he left it at the hotel and don't really worry about it, untill the waitress hears him cussing and asks "did those guys take something from you". We say we don't know but wooly is missing a couple hundred and she says she saw them running down the road laughing. That's when we are convinced it was them since they left so fast without even thanking us for the drinks so we hop in the car and head down the road looking for any other bars they may have stopped at. We see 2 people walking down one side road that might be them so we turn and follow what looks like them into an Oriental Spa. We pull into the parking lot before they see us and walk inside about 20-30 seconds behind them. Von has his knife drawn, wooly has his poolstick in hand, and I have my shirt off, we are all ready to throw down. We get inside and it's about a room as big as a small hotel bathroom, there is barely enough room for all 5 of us in there. Von throws one of them agains the wall and puts his knife to their face and the owner tells us to get the [censored] out of his establishement before he comes out with a bat. We end up taking it outside where after a few seconds the owner comes out with his band and $100 and says 'this was on the table and it's not ours, you deal with it", and hands it to me. We harrass them a bit for the other hundred before they start walking off. Von follows them in the car while we follow them on foot. We get to the Howard Johnson hotel where the cosp show up and say that since we didn't see them take the money, there is nothing they can do unless we file a report and go to court. Since we are basically there on vacation, it's not worth the trouble and we let them go with a congratulations on their job well done.

Anyway, FEMA was paying for our hotel room. For all the bad media fema was getting about not doing enough, I think they did way too much and were spending money way to liberally. They put us up in the Embassy Suites hotel for as a full 3 weeks (we got kicked out a few days before it was up anyway). So, anyway, by the time Von shows up (he's a party guy) we start taking advantage of the dollar cocktails they have from 5:30-7:30 at the lounge with the piano bar. Towards the end of our stay we are enjoyin our cocktails, ,everyone buiying rounds for everyone else, and we decide to follow the piano player to his next gig at a blues club. We all hop in the hotel bus and head over to the blues club. En route we end up at a local strip club. We hadn't planned oin going and I had about $500 in my wallet as vactaion money, not stripper money. That's the last I remember of that night.

The next day I wake up at 12:30 and make a post on here about all the cuts and bruises I have on my arms and how my wallet is empty. I talk to wooly and he says i poured my beer on one of the dancers and they kicked us out and got in a fight in the parkinglot. I can't trust him, so we head back to Centerfold the next night so I can talk to the dancers to see exactly what happeneed. Apparently, I tipped all my money to a lot of the dancers/bartenders and when I was out, all I had left in my wallet was a dillards receipt and i tried to tip it to a dancer. She got offended for some reason and poured my beer on me and then the bouncer threw us out. I didn't want to go home so me and wooly got in a fight where I apparently bit him since his arm had my teethmarks on it and it was bleeding and bruised. When we got back to the hotel he ended up calling the cops on me to get me either int he room or in jail so he didn't have to put up with me. The cops came and got me to my room and filed a report with embassy suites and they decided not to renew our stay.

So then we decide to head back to the locla bar where they play our 1/2 NL game and start fun all over again with the people we know. And that's how my hurricane vacation went. GG.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:11 AM

Default update on Von

He put his [censored] in our car on the way home but wanted to check out a car before we left. So all his [censored] is on our car, we take him to check out this '78 crown victoria that hasn't been driven in a year that he is gonna buy for $600. He takes a look at it and tells us to head back, he'll meet us down here later on the next day to pick up his stuff so we head out leaving him with a $600 '78 crown victoria that hasn't been started in a year. That was sunday. Now it's 4:10 am on saturday and we still havn't heard from him. He has my cell number but we have no way of contacting him. We have his computer, guitar, camera, and clothes, and no way of getting in touch with him.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: update on Von

he bit me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: update on Von

this trip report sucks
Old 10-23-2005, 01:01 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: ok real quick: EVACUTAION VACATION TRIP REPORT v. HotSprings

not that i'd be interested anyway - your posts are terrible [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]