Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 09:25 PM

Default AA 2 handed

reads: villain is way too loose, and will way overplay one pair hands. pretty much your standard donkaroo.

50nl 6-max
effective stack 70
hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

pre flop- 1 fold, SB min raises, hero raises to 3, SB calls

flop (6)-K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets 22.5, hero...

id like to see what other people do in this spot. i will post what i did after i get a few responses...
Old 10-19-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: AA 2 handed

I like a push
Old 10-19-2005, 09:31 PM

don't play 6 max but I don't think you're getting away in the situation you describe so if he'll call a push w any K push otherwise you have the option of pushing to prevent a draw or sp'ing to hopefully let him bet off his stack to you. If you can't get away from this there's no point in waiting till the turn comes a blank.

Position is great here.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reads: villain is way too loose, and will way overplay one pair hands. pretty much your standard donkaroo.

50nl 6-max
effective stack 70
hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

pre flop- 1 fold, SB min raises, hero raises to 3, SB calls

flop (6)-K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets 22.5, hero...

id like to see what other people do in this spot. i will post what i did after i get a few responses...

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain can have anything, so this is tough. LAGs get paid off by hands like yours, but I don't think you can fold. I think the decision here is between calling and check-calling the rest of the way or pushing. I'm leaning towards pushing because if he has anything he's coming along and many turn cards put you in a rough spot.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a push

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a push

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, bukem and all other posters who are better than me, will you guys give a little insight into your thought processes. I know this stuff can be boring to somebody whose worked it all out before, but for those of us trying to build our games on your generosity, brevity is the soul of confusion. Thank you.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:37 PM

ya i dont feel like folding is much of an option here. we are 3 handed, he is a donk that has no respect for re-raises. my decision was between calling and pushing the turn after he committed himself or pushing now...

my guess is his range for calling a flop push are any hand better than K8 or a pair plus draw hand...
Old 10-19-2005, 09:39 PM

I would probably push and expect to lose to his KJ, then rebuy while cursing myself for pushing
Old 10-19-2005, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a push

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, bukem and all other posters who are better than me, will you guys give a little insight into your thought processes. I know this stuff can be boring to somebody whose worked it all out before, but for those of us trying to build our games on your generosity, brevity is the soul of confusion. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

the benefit of the push is villain has a wide calling range and he could be betting any number of hands/draws on this scary board. i dont want get stuck with a funny turn decision on this board either.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:44 PM

I'm not claiming to be better than you but here's my thought process:

The LAG could have all kinds of hands here, some drawish, some not

Flat-calling is bad if he has a draw. He might get away from a missed turn, and you're not getting away from the turn if he hits. If his hand is not drawish, and you call, and the turn card completes a draw, that might scare him off his K-rag or something.

Also, cold-calling him tells him you mean business, since you can't expect him to believe you are calling just so you can bluff the turn. However a raise might be a bluff in his mind (not ours)