Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: Redeposit or Rebuild
Redeposit 43 31.85%
Rebuild 92 68.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Where do you feel your overlay is best?

i voted 4, with the assumption that they are tight post flop too.... Pickin' up chips early gives u a HUGE advantage in a higher buyin tourney, because everyone knows how to push, and if the person to your left or right bust... well-- there goes that overlay.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:04 PM

These polls would be better if there were no discussion until after the results were in, but since everyone is doing it...

<font color="white"> The first answer I would assume most would pick is #1.(if they don't read the thread and cheat.) All the time we talk about this, but if you want to get technical... This is seat selection, not table selection. I would chose #2 over #1 anyways because most people to my left are going to be tight reguardless. Besides. It is just 1 player we are talking about right? If that 1 player gets aces cracked the entire selection process is destroyed.

#3 could be awesome if you are able to take advantage of them early. They may be LaG with control and that can be brutal no matter what the level. #4 can go both ways as well. 18% overall is really vague if you ask me. Just isnt really enough info to go on. So I chose #3. </font>
Old 10-04-2005, 12:10 PM

I'd choose 2.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:03 PM

Default The \"answer\"

This question was asking for opinions, so there's not really an answer.

But table 4 is the most profitable, and it's not even close.

Most players see too many flops, but the ones that don't see enough flops are typically very easy to play against. They also tend to fold too often when pushed at, and not push enough. So by picking #4, you actually get #1 and #2 also.

We all fancy ourselves as players who are appropriately tight, but know when to push and fold when the blinds are big. But most tight players don't play this way. Also, most 2+2ers are too weak-tight before level 4 and it would be very easy to acquire chips in the early levels against an entire table of 2+2ers.

In a SNG, you will only see 60-80 hands or so. That means that you rate to not ever see AA or KK, and you rate to not see a flop and make a hand better than 2 pair. You get your chips by having opponents fold, and winning your fair share when they don't. A SNG against 9 tight opponents would be the easiest to beat.

Irieguy

PS- Raptor got it right and then told me that he has never been wrong in any thread ever. Feel free to discuss that if you'd like.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: The \"answer\"

[ QUOTE ]
All 9 players see less than 18% of flops

[/ QUOTE ]

can someone w/ PT post their flop % seen and their vpip? because i don't think 18% is very tight at all. in the beginning you're supposed to be tight and later you're stealing blinds most pots you play.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 PM

Default overlay

what does overlay mean and what's it's importance?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: overlay

[ QUOTE ]
what does overlay mean and what's it's importance?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i tell you, "give me $1 and flip a coin. heads i keep your dollar, tails you get $10 total." you have a 5-1 = $4 overlay. same idea for poker.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:35 PM

Which options most accurately describe lower buyin STTs and which more accurately describe higher buyin STTs and which type of STTs are more profitable?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: The \"answer\"

[ QUOTE ]
PS- Raptor got it right and then told me that he has never been wrong in any thread ever. Feel free to discuss that if you'd like.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got it right because the question isnt that hard. then u made me change it so people could vote. oh, and yer a tool. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 10-04-2005, 01:48 PM

Option 3 by far. They're just giving money away if they're seeing 40% or more of flops. Just have to wait for a fantastic hand or wait till they're out, and that is an easy way to get ITM.