Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Paid twice

I can tell that it is not at The Gaming Club Poker Room, so other operators probably can find your account too if they read 2+2.
I once got some extra money from a poker room, was not much $20 or $50, I told them about it, I was actually shocked that they did not have a good enough procedure to catch it themselves.

They told me to keep the money, guess it was worth it for the information I gave.

ToT
Old 08-08-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no downside to playing dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expected from you. You steal from sites with gnome accounts so its no surprise you dont see this as stealing either.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I just want to say that I don't condone gnoming, ro what FiFish and Vandressen does. If I went to the local store and was given incorrect change on a purchase I'd made, I'd obviously give it back and point it out. Same holds true for pretty much any store, and same holds true for a bank. However, If I'm given an extra cashout by an offshore gambling operation that is questionably legal, and operating within the United States despite being explicitly told not to by the justice department, and makes its money solely off the stupidity of the gullible, I'm just not feeling that guilty about not taking the initiative and telling them about their mistake. I certainly wouldn't go out and spend the money, just leave the extra money in the neteller account for a few months, if they ask you to give it back, give it back, if they don't say anything, I say its yours. I don't condone gnoming or doing anything to deliberately scam an online site, but this is different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stick by my stance that he should return the money. One thing to note for this poster, though, is that poker sites and Neteller are for the most part offshore. What I want you to get from this fact is that they are not really run by many if any laws. If a poker site finds out about the mistake, they pretty much just take the money back from Neteller, and this can happen anytime. I've heard stories of a poker site finding out MANY months after the mistake and still taking the money back.

Depending on your financial situation this can be pretty dangerous. You will always have this hanging over your head. If it's for a big amount like 2K or something, maybe they'll take it back 2 years from now after some sort of internal audit.

This is much the feeling I have about defrauding the IRS. It could be 20 years down the line when they find out about your poker winnings, and by then, the penalties could be enormous.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Screw B of A, worst fing bank in America.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm given an extra cashout by an offshore gambling operation that is questionably legal, and operating within the United States despite being explicitly told not to by the justice department, and makes its money solely off the stupidity of the gullible, I'm just not feeling that guilty about not taking the initiative and telling them about their mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the wrong way of looking at it. I view online poker sites as business associates. They provide games that I profit from. If you owned a business and had a good relationship with with a supplier, would you want to jeopardize it over a one time score of a few bucks? That is just bad business.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:29 AM

I've had some bad experiences with Prima rooms in the past. They have outright lied to me about the status of some of my payouts while knowing damn well the truth. If they were honest with me, I would have been fine with the problems they were having. However, on this and several other occassions, getting money owed to me rightfully was like pulling teeth. Eventually I always got it, but not after they put me through time delays and extra hassles sometimes costing me money and time to comply.

Therefore, since it's a Prima site, I'd probably not inform them of their mistake, as they wouldn't inform me truthfully on issues either. Just as I had to spend much time and effort to get what was rightfully mine, I'd be fine with making them expend effort and time getting what is rightfully theirs from me also.

That's justice in my opinion. But I would give it back once I made them jump through hoops so they could see what it's like.

Pssssfffffttttt!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:23 AM

not all Primas are the same. some might be trashy but some like TGC and BetHoldem are reputable. so u shouldnt punish say TGC for something that Royal Vegas did.