Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 12:11 PM

Default QQ with paired flop

No read on BB as he just sat down this hand...

Party .5-1 NL Full Table ($100 max)
Folded to Hero (~300) in CO+1 w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], raises to 4, Button (~100, tight-weak) calls, SB Calls (~60, just sat down)

Flop
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets 15, Button calls 15, SB pushes for 55 more.

Hero?

Results in white:
<font color="white"> After thinking about this, I'm putting the BB on 2 overcards or a bluff. Of course, my call leads the button to fold and the BB to reveal 33. </font>

Thoughts on flop bet?

Thanks,
Tripp
Old 08-04-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: QQ with paired flop

I'm folding for 2 reasons

1. If I don't have a good read a C/R all in is usually an easy fold unles I have a strong hand. Your hand is only marginal on this board. The best you can hope for is a smaller PP or a flush draw that is 1.8/1 to suck out. But he could easily have a 9.
2. Weak/tight button calls a pot sized bet so this also helps me lean towards a fold.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: QQ with paired flop

super easy fold right? what else is he raising this way. You are either very slightly ahead to some form of draw, or you are clobbered by a 9 or a set of 3's. Your post was interesting in the results section in that you said you put him on overcards or a bluff....why did you do this? You should put him on a RANGE of hands not just the only hand that you are currently ahead of. It is very dangerous to think like did. This guy checkraised in a multiway pot on a scary board against a bet AND a call....you are freaking crushed here.

People that get attached to overpairs is why I make money on party.

Don't put the results in your first post if you want more responses.