Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 01:42 AM

Default BB special

First hand on the table, and I don't have any notes on the players involved in the hand (but I got some good notes after this one). Anyone play it any differently?

-Jaran

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 06-26-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: BB special

Standard? With bottom two you slowed down at just the right time IMO.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:49 AM

That turn card really sucks. I'm used to playing in more aggro games now but I don't think he caps the flop with QJ or AJ, I don't think he does it with T9s, which basically leaves J4/J8/88/44/JJ.

I'd check-call the turn and river here. Having bet the turn folding to a raise might be correct, but I'm not sure.

Also, why are you playing .5/1?

Rob
Old 06-26-2005, 01:53 AM

I have often seen AA and KK played like this by .5/1 players.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:53 AM

Still building the br back up and clearing the junefever bonus. Won't post results, but I will tell you that your read of his hand range (and mine at the time) is way off.

-Jaran
Old 06-26-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&gt; 66% of the time?
Old 06-26-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still building the br back up and clearing the junefever bonus. Won't post results, but I will tell you that your read of his hand range (and mine at the time) is way off.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

The handrange is a guess, as you know, based on what hands would most likely be played this way. Yeah, he may have 32o here, but that wouldn't make your play any better than if he had JJ.

Rob
Old 06-26-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&gt; 66% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's late and I'm tired, so this might be even dumber than usual. With no reads I think I am ahead on the turn 66% of the time on the turn vs. a random sat night .5/1 player. EDIT: That is until he raises me.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

&gt; 66% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's late and I'm tired, so this might be even dumber than usual. With no reads I think I am ahead on the turn 66% of the time on the turn vs. a random sat night .5/1 player. EDIT: That is until he raises me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The math is kinda weird on this one but I think we've got to have the best hand around 60% of the time to bet, since we're planning on calling the turn raise and the river bet UI. That means we're going to be winning 2 bets when ahead the majority of the time, and usually losing 3 when behind. Since occasionally he'll raise a worse hand on the turn here, it's not quite a 66% situation.

If he's capable of having AA and KK, he's equally capable of JJ and QQ.

So -- ahead of:

AA, KK (12), but you lose 17% of the time against them. Against QQ you lose about 26% of the time. AJ (12), QJ (12), and KJ (12) are all drawing to 5 outs but must be discounted somewhat due to the flop cap. JT just pulled ahead (and is discounted as well).

You're way behind: 44 (1), 88 (1), JJ (3), JT (9), J8 (6), and J4 (6).

I just don't think I see a person that we don't have a read on cap the flop quite often enough for bet-calling turn/check-calling river to be quite correct. I think it's close though.

Rob
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 AM

I'm not sure I can find a fold here against an unknown. You might be right about the c/c line, though. When he raised the turn, I thought he might have gone over-aggro on the flop with something like JT, so a fold might be right.

-Jaran