Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Reason # (hell I don\'t know, there are so many) to love party poker-NC

Debate pf if you want, I don't think it's even close.

-Jaran

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (23 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (23 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 35 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3c 3h (four of a kind, threes).
BB has Ks As (one pair, threes).
MP1 has Ac Qc (two pair, queens and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 35 BB. </font>
Old 06-11-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Reason # (hell I don\'t know, there are so many) to love party poke

Nice hand homie.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:59 AM

Thats why I play these hands vs PF raisers/cappers and a large field [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nice hand.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:51 AM

Thanks for posting the hand.. I need to think more about my pp's in these situations. A couple times last night I had them with pfr and a caller or two, and I'd like to think I would make the same call as you if there were more but I don't know if I would have (and I should).

From MP1's perspective:

On the flop, I like the 3-bet he did, but once you capped I would figure I'm either drawing, or splitting. He couldn't expect you would cold-call with Q4, or Q3, and a QQ is a pre-flop raise. The only other option is a set.

Maybe he was happy that no overcards dropped and thus became aggressive? With BB along for the ride, if it was a split he was making money raising on the river.

So at least I can understand his play, anyway, even if he did overplay it.

BB's just stupid.

KO
Old 06-11-2005, 10:53 AM

Gotta love BB calling four bets on the river with A-high..
Old 06-11-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Reason # (hell I don\'t know, there are so many) to love party poker-NC

No need to debate preflop. So much money in that you should defenately call this.

Rest of the hand is just AWESOME:::!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for posting the hand.. I need to think more about my pp's in these situations. A couple times last night I had them with pfr and a caller or two, and I'd like to think I would make the same call as you if there were more but I don't know if I would have (and I should).

From MP1's perspective:

On the flop, I like the 3-bet he did, but once you capped I would figure I'm either drawing, or splitting. He couldn't expect you would cold-call with Q4, or Q3, and a QQ is a pre-flop raise. The only other option is a set.

Maybe he was happy that no overcards dropped and thus became aggressive? With BB along for the ride, if it was a split he was making money raising on the river.

So at least I can understand his play, anyway, even if he did overplay it.

BB's just stupid.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

He did overplay it... There is no way I'm raising this river with two players still in and it got capped on the flop.

I don't think I cap AQS preflop either.

rest is fine I like the flop 3-bet also