Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Cubs: LaToya \"L, BS\" Hawkins traded for bag of sunflower seeds

Good riddance. Have fun, San Fran.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Cubs: LaToya \"L, BS\" Hawkins traded for bag of sunflower seeds

I'm a Giants fan and I'm not sure what to make of this trade yet. He will be an 8th inning guy that the Giants need. True, he sucks as a closer but he is still pretty good in the 7th & 8th. As for what the Giants gave up, Aardsma is the best of the two. Williams was good for a year, but he just lost it this year. His velocity has been down and he didn't throw hard to begin with. Aardmsa has a live arm. The Giants turned him into a starter this year, but I think he will be good in the pen.

I don't know, unless Bonds comes back soon it's not going to matter for my Giants.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Giants fan and I'm not sure what to make of this trade yet. He will be an 8th inning guy that the Giants need. True, he sucks as a closer but he is still pretty good in the 7th & 8th. As for what the Giants gave up, Aardsma is the best of the two. Williams was good for a year, but he just lost it this year. His velocity has been down and he didn't throw hard to begin with. Aardmsa has a live arm. The Giants turned him into a starter this year, but I think he will be good in the pen.

I don't know, unless Bonds comes back soon it's not going to matter for my Giants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very surprised the Giants would give up two young pitchers with the ability of Aardsma and Williams for Hawkins.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very surprised the Giants would give up two young pitchers with the ability of Aardsma and Williams for Hawkins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am to, especially since LaTroy is not the one missing piece we need. However, the Giants are stocked with young arms in the minors: Cain, Foppert, Valdez, Hennessey (up with SF now).
Old 05-28-2005, 04:18 PM

Alou better not put Hawkins in any game where the lead or deficit is less than 2 runs or you are screwed. Unless he really turns it around (which is possible), you are in for a lot of late inning head-shaking.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:28 PM

If you let Hawk pitch in the 7th and 8th, you are fine. Just don't let him pitch in the 9th. I think my fellow Cub fans are quick to forget how good he was in Minnesota and how good he was last year in the setup role before Borowski got hurt. He was lights out.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you let Hawk pitch in the 7th and 8th, you are fine. Just don't let him pitch in the 9th. I think my fellow Cub fans are quick to forget how good he was in Minnesota and how good he was last year in the setup role before Borowski got hurt. He was lights out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Hawkins was one of the best setup men in baseball for 2 years. I hope he bounces back because I've been a fan of his since his Minn. days.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alou better not put Hawkins in any game where the lead or deficit is less than 2 runs or you are screwed. Unless he really turns it around (which is possible), you are in for a lot of late inning head-shaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

LaTroy is (or at least was when he was with the Twins) fine pitching in a tight-game in the 7th or 8th. But if you put him out there in the ninth, well, just look away...

Guy has got some great stuff, he's just a complete and utter headcase.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:25 PM

whoa whoa whoa... people care about the cubs? huh? or the giants for that matter
Old 05-28-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whoa whoa whoa... people care about baseball?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP