Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 07:48 PM

Default I really hate the way I played this overpair hand

This is from the Bodog $25k yesterday, towards the end of the first hour. Their hand history system sucks, so I'll try to transcribe it. Blinds 30/60. I have T1330, average stack is probably somehere around 1800.

PREFLOP:
I'm utg+1, and I'm dealt 7h7s. My image is looser than I would like it to be, but at this point, it's not a big deal to me. I raise to T180. utg+2, a somewhat loose player who started the hand with T1155, cold-calls the bet. The button, who started with T1210 overcalls. My read on him is that he's fairly aggro.

FLOP (pot size T630):

Flop comes 5s 4c 4s. I check, looking to checkraise, because I think the button will bet it. It gets checked around.

I really should have bet this here, because there are just so many cards I hate to see on the turn, right? Any spade, any paint, any ace, and I may get bet off the pot. I suspect most here would bet, but how much? T300? At this point I have T1150 behind, and my opponents less than that.

TURN (pot size T630):

Turn is the 2c, about the best card I could possibly see here. I bet T340. utg+2 jams for her last T975. Button folds. Hero goes into the tank (for as long as Bodog will allow him, so like 10 seconds), pondering whether he should call T635 to win a pot of T1945 and...

Actually, I want to see if you would call here or not. Also, is this a good turn bet? I'm rather confused about it. I don't want to give good odds to any 4-flushes, but I also feel that a bet of this size leaves me with a very tough decision if I get action behind, which I did. Jamming did enter my though processes, but it seems like that overbet would only get called by a hand that has me down to two outs.

RIVER (pot size T2580): Is there a river? I'll post results later.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: I really hate the way I played this overpair hand

bump...anything?
Old 05-23-2005, 03:32 AM

The thing is.

If you had bet the flop, EVERYTHING about the hand would be different...
Old 05-23-2005, 03:38 AM

True, I suck posting hands where I'm confused. I guess the question then becomes, do you call the turn given my mistake on the flop?