Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 12:22 PM

Default No Hand is an Island

I'd like to post more hands, but it's always hard to find interesting ones. More interesting to me are pairs of hands against the same opponent.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: TimM is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TimM raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">TimM bets</font>, Villain calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">TimM bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, TimM calls.

River: (7.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, TimM calls.

Obviously I hate this river, or I should say the fact that he doesn't seem afraid to bet it. But I thought for a long time and decided to call. 8 to 1 and even if I lose it will be useful to see what kind of hand he might play this way.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villain has 7c 8c (high card, ace).
TimM has Ks Ts (one pair, tens).
Outcome: TimM wins 9.70 BB.</font>

About an orbit later, same villain:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: TimM is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">TimM raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TimM bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, TimM calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TimM checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, TimM calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TimM checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, TimM calls.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: No Hand is an Island

In the first hand, how often do you think you are good on the turn?

On the second, easy river fold.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:28 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

I assume that we are supposed to use the results from hand one to analyze hand two. If this is the case, I have no problem going to showdown with K high against this opponent.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the first hand, how often do you think you are good on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a read that the guy is passive, most of the time. Heads up these guys will get aggressive with any pair, sometimes less, assuming the PF raiser missed and they can grab the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
On the second, easy river fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, getting a lot to one and a guy who bets busted draws. Against an unknown of course I fold since I can't even beat many bluffs.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:46 PM

How bout 3-betting the flop and leading the turn in hand 2? If he calls the turn, I might check/call that river since this guy seems like Capt. Bluffsalot.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume that we are supposed to use the results from hand one to analyze hand two. If this is the case, I have no problem going to showdown with K high against this opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I don't call the flop and turn expecting to be showing down king high, as I feel I have 4 to 10 outs. But once I get there, with three blanks on the board I figured I'd call against this guy.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:05 PM

i think hand one is a freak play more often than not, that is until you see some more showdowns from him.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:18 PM

Its possible I may have seen him getting aggressive and then losing to weak made hands earlier in the session. Sometimes I get an impression of a player without remembering the specific hands that caused them.

Anyway, results of hand two:

<font color="white">He shows KQo and we split</font>