Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Need Input From Nexgen Owners/Users

I'm looking at picking up a better set of chips than what I have now (dice) and would like to hear from some people that have used the Nexgens. Please give me your feedback on what you like/dislike and if you own them if you feel they were worth the money. I'd also like to know if you have purchased customized labels and what you think of the end results. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Need Input From Nexgen Owners/Users

Bought a set of 500 Nexgens with Las Vegas edge spots from overstock.com for $130. Pretty sweet set, especially for the money. Much nicer that the dice ones we had been using. Got custom labels from www.customize-it.com. The samples he emailed me looked alot nicer than the finished project. When he reduced the images, they became very blurry. Also the inlays on the chips are slightly larger than the labels, so they look alittle wierd. Even with those problems they still look pretty sweet, although my Springer Spaniel got ahold of one and chewed it up.
Hope this helps
Brian
Old 05-06-2005, 01:10 AM

I think they are fantastic for the price. But thats the question, do you want to step up to the real deal or do you just want them to look like the real deal. Paulsons their not, but for the money and if you want them customized theres not many that compare.I run a local tournament once a month 20 to 40 people and every one there thinks their the bomb. I had labels printed up to match the name of our club. Cant say I would recomend the guy who did mine but if you do get labels for them get samples before you order 2000 of them. my colors were way off on two of my chip selections.They seem to be holding up well(the labels) after 4 3-table tournaments. Make sure you spray the labels with a matte protection coating like Krylon Preserve It. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:16 AM

I bought some samples to evaluate for a tournament, and was impressed. Here's my chip census and price survey. The pictures are on the second page and the prices are on the third. I ended up just buying the 8000 series chip as I didn't want to pay the difference for the 8002; Since I was just buying samples, that might have been a mistake. I actually bought a few of each color and am glad. They're nice chips, incrimentally better than the 11.5g style, handle better, have less of a coin ring (though it's not quite gone). Mine came slightly unfinished from the manufacturing process and required some shuffling to mute sharp edges, etc. For $0.18 vs. $0.095, it had better be almost twice as good as a 11.5g dice chip, right? Buy some samples yourself and report back. I haven't gotten around to the sticker step yet, but I want to try it.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:45 AM

Couldn't be happier for the price. 750 w/ labels and a nice wood box. Jason did a pretty good job on the labels. If I every am not too lazy, I need to post some pictures. If I had 1000 dollars to spend I'd buy Clays in a heart beat. But for a couple hundred, go for the nexgens with labels.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:45 AM

after finding this forum I bought 1500 nexgens and had the labels done by http://www.ciretech.com/lynbark/ they were easy to work with and the turnaround was very quick and I was happy with the design. I wanted something quick until I could decide on a clay chip I like. The chips work great and everyone loves the customized labels. They shuffle ok and the stack size limit is around 20. They still have a metallic ring to them but not as bad as the dice chips. For the price they are great. I also like the faux clay chips that you can get for around $.06(still the best chip for the price) but I don't think labels would work to well with them.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they are fantastic for the price. But thats the question, do you want to step up to the real deal or do you just want them to look like the real deal. Paulsons their not, but for the money and if you want them customized theres not many that compare.I run a local tournament once a month 20 to 40 people and every one there thinks their the bomb. I had labels printed up to match the name of our club. Cant say I would recomend the guy who did mine but if you do get labels for them get samples before you order 2000 of them. my colors were way off on two of my chip selections.They seem to be holding up well(the labels) after 4 3-table tournaments. Make sure you spray the labels with a matte protection coating like Krylon Preserve It. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty much spot-on
Old 05-06-2005, 10:04 AM

out of curiousity, why do people hate 'dice' chips so much?

(they'd be a step up from what I'm using now --- but, if I'm going to be disappointed, I'd rather buy chips once, then rebuy in a short period of time).
Old 05-06-2005, 10:58 AM

Those labels look sweet man! Great to see another Bengals fan. But you forgot to get one of Madieu [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 11:11 AM

I was debating whether or not to put rudi on the $25 but when they resigned him I went with all offense. I was going to put simmons or big willie on their if they didn't resign rudi. I like Madieu a lot. I was thinking of doing a Reds set as well since the nexgens are so cheap but they are on my crap list this year.