Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Hand where I raised and did not fold to the cap...

[ QUOTE ]
Results: cnfuzzd shows 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair)

[/ QUOTE ]

you know me too well. Time to change my screenname. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

peace

john nickle
Old 03-09-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SB is 2+2'er cnfuzzd

[/ QUOTE ]

Cap the flop. Don't fold at any point.

[/ QUOTE ]

and people say my reputation doesnt earn me money!!!!

peace

john nickle
Old 03-09-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I would have to say he has little or no respect for your game if he is three betting you with A10o pre-flop AND on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow. I think it shows a great deal of DISrespect if he ISNT 3-betting ATo here.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I would have to say he has little or no respect for your game if he is three betting you with A10o pre-flop AND on the flop. Especially considering you do not think he knows your game very well. And I really hope he doesn't do this consistently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far. We have not played many hands but certainly he can infer something based on the fact that I read this board and the books published by this site. The problem is that each of us in the hand has some idea that the other two are capable of trying to steal blinds and making plays for the pot without a huge hand, as well wanting to protect that hand from overcards, when the pot is large. If he had a hand like 99, or even 77, or missed overcards especially in spades, it would not have surprized me, which is why I felt the need to call the river. The ATo I actually didn't expect as much, because I don't think I would bother trying to defend the SB with it in a 1:3 blind structure.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If i had known it was you, i wouldve waited and checkraised the turn [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you had to get rid of that riff-raff who capped pre-flop. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I would have to say he has little or no respect for your game if he is three betting you with A10o pre-flop AND on the flop. Especially considering you do not think he knows your game very well. And I really hope he doesn't do this consistently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far. We have not played many hands but certainly he can infer something based on the fact that I read this board and the books published by this site. The problem is that each of us in the hand has some idea that the other two are capable of trying to steal blinds and making plays for the pot without a huge hand, as well wanting to protect that hand from overcards, when the pot is large. If he had a hand like 99, or even 77, or missed overcards especially in spades, it would not have surprized me, which is why I felt the need to call the river. The ATo I actually didn't expect as much, because I don't think I would bother trying to defend the SB with it in a 1:3 blind structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldve remembered that it was you, i wont forget again. (i checked the HH, so i know who you are again.) Personally, i am 3betting AT from the SB against a steal 100% of the time against any non-rock. The 1/3 structure stops me from defending with the smaller suited hands, but i think i would be giving up to much to not resteal with it, especially since most of the hands you are stealing with im just flat out way ahead of.

Tim, you should know i have tremendous respect for your game. Even if i hadnt read so many of your posts, your choice of an avatar alone displays vast amounts of intelligence.

For what its worth, i did have BB as tight/passive post flop, and thought the checkraise was the best way to get him out of the hand. I also think you played your hand fine.

peace

john nickle
Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He is. But his hand was no where near AA-QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he either:

A) Has a set.

B) Is an idiot.

C) Knows you REALLY well.

or

D) All of the above [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my advice to you would be never play short-handed. Also, never sit within three seats of me.

peace

john nickle
Old 03-10-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, i am 3betting AT from the SB against a steal 100% of the time against any non-rock. The 1/3 structure stops me from defending with the smaller suited hands, but i think i would be giving up to much to not resteal with it, especially since most of the hands you are stealing with im just flat out way ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I do check the ASB stat and will make exceptions for high ones, I am probably a little tighter with defending than most. I don't know if it's a problem in these full games at fairly small stakes, but one benefit I do get is that most blind stealers will greatly overplay their hands against me on flops where I can be sure I'm way ahead.

[ QUOTE ]
Tim, you should know i have tremendous respect for your game. Even if i hadnt read so many of your posts, your choice of an avatar alone displays vast amounts of intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
For what its worth, i did have BB as tight/passive post flop, and thought the checkraise was the best way to get him out of the hand. I also think you played your hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I felt stupid after the river, but going back over the hand it's easy to see there is just too much money in the pot for folding to one more bet to be a big mistake.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AT should be an automatic threebet from the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of the most rediculous things I've ever seen on this site.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my advice to you would be never play short-handed. Also, never sit within three seats of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played successful short-handed long enough to know I can beat it buddy, and I'd love you at my table any day of the week if you are 3-betting A-10 offsuit.