Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Changes to FullTilt Bonus

Well, here's my 2 cents regarding FullTilt.
I signed up 5 days ago and deposited $600.00. I have cleared almost $100.00 of the bonus so far playing .50/1 NL (two tables at a time). I have averaged about 3 hours of play per day. Now if you ask me, it doesn't seem like this bonus is all that difficult to clear, even at .50/1.

On a side note, my bankroll is over 1K now in 5 days [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

As far as the level of play at .50/1 NL; I have found it to be fairly solid but there always seem to be enough fish willing to call off all their chips when they should know they are beat. Fine with me.

I really like the FullTilt software. My favorite so far out of all the sites I have played. (Stars, Truepoker, Party Poker, Pokerroom)
Old 02-08-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, here's my 2 cents regarding FullTilt.
I signed up 5 days ago and deposited $600.00. I have cleared almost $100.00 of the bonus so far playing .50/1 NL (two tables at a time). I have averaged about 3 hours of play per day. Now if you ask me, it doesn't seem like this bonus is all that difficult to clear, even at .50/1.

On a side note, my bankroll is over 1K now in 5 days [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Congrats on your success. However...30 table hours (5 days x 3 hours x 2 tables) to clear $100 in bonus is the very *definition* of difficult to clear.

If you like the games and the software, that is great - I am an advocate playing a site you enjoy. You just have to understand that there is nothing generous or easy about their bonus.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You just have to understand that there is nothing generous or easy about their bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that's true. I haven't had to clear many bonuses so I don't have much to compare this one to. I don't jump from site to site bonus whoring so I guess it doesn't matter to me if it takes alonger than usual to clear this one. I do feel that a 100% match to $600 is still pretty generous, but maybe I'm way off base here.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose that's true. I haven't had to clear many bonuses so I don't have much to compare this one to. I don't jump from site to site bonus whoring so I guess it doesn't matter to me if it takes alonger than usual to clear this one. I do feel that a 100% match to $600 is still pretty generous, but maybe I'm way off base here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope - you are on spot - 100% match bonuses are very generous, it's just the clearing requirements that aren't. Like I said - if you like the games and the client, that's great...just know that the majority of bonuses bonus out there are easier to clear.

Easy-to-clear bonuses are the lifeblood of mediocre players like yours truly... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 01:48 PM

bonuses should not be calculated using percentage of match or aggregate amount, unless perhaps you are getting it up front to gamble with.

getting 100% match up to $600 on full tilt is more accurately, only the POTENTIAL to earn 100% up to $600.

because you actually have to play the bonus through to earn it, then it is more logical to calculate the amount of bonus you are earning per raked hand, or how many hands are required to clear a certain amount of bonus funds.

playing 30 table hours to earn $100 bonus is a little over $3 per hour, and assuming 50 raked hands per hour per table, your per-hand earnings is about 6 cents per raked hand (exactly one FTP's worth, which is plausible for 50c/$1 NL ring games). for contrast, the same action on a party skin signup or IGMPAY bonus is 20 cents per raked hand, even at the minimum fixed limits. so the amount of time you took to earn $100 bonus on full tilt, you could have earned well over $300 on the IGM network. even mediocre bonus sites like Paradise and Absolute pay 10 cents bonus per raked hand, which is 66% more than what you're grinding now.

Full Tilt's bonus is more playable at limits where the average pot size is at least $40, yielding 2 FTP's and 12 cents of bonus per hand. but compared to typical low limit whores which yield upwards of 10BB/hr*table, you're better off bouncing around and getting the most out of your invested capital and (much more importantly) time and effort.

Given the ultra-competitive state of the online poker industry right now, there is virtually no point in consumers pledging singular loyalty to one place or trying to justify anything less than optimal per-hand bonus earnings unless they can prove without a doubt that the BB/100 in actual play is a great enough advantage to justify it.