Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Could\'ve sworn I wasn\'t playing on Party...

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button <font color="#A500AF">(Lucksack)</font> raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Lucksack calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Lucksack raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls $11 (All-In), Lucksack calls.

River: (14.10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Lucksack raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.10 BB

I had no reason to be scared at any point during this one... but should I have been? I'll post results in a bit, but for now... thoughts on how I played it?
Old 01-23-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Could\'ve sworn I wasn\'t playing on Party...

You played it right the entire way, but I am guessing your opponent called the entire way with the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and you were left to drown in the river.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:57 PM

I think it's an easy 3-bet on the river. Conceivably he could have raised on the button with 43 trying to steal the pot but it's much more likely than he rivered Aces up or even just a pair of Aces. Remember you are playing 5-handed here, there was no reason for him to give you credit for a good hand neither. Even if he caps I would still say your set is good more than 50% of the times.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:58 PM

He had AA. I didn't give him credit for it.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:01 PM

Three-bet the river. What are you afraid of here? Your opponent does not have 3,4, unless he is totally insane. (he raised pre-flop). My guess is that he rivered his two pair, AQ.

If he's got AA or QQ, then so be it. But QQ is not as likely, since he did not cap the turn nor did he raise the flop. Anyway, losing to set over set is nothing to be ashamed of.